For those interested in Long Term Relationships

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
In light of such a section not being offered here, I have started a DJ LTR Forum. The purpose of this forum is to show Allen that there is not only a need for this, but that such a forum would be used enough to warrant having one on THIS site. My hope for this forum I have created is that it will convince Allen to open a LTR section on this site. IF he chooses to do that, he will be welcome to copy any material from the forum I set up onto this site.

I did post this same information on an existing thread in Suggestions and Feedback, but since not everyone reads that section I felt it would be appropriate to inform the members of exactly what I am doing, why and explain that my goal is NOT to take away from this forum but to hopefully add a much needed section to it by proving the need.

Anyone who is interested in having a LTR forum here is welcome to utilize the one I have put up until (hopefully) Allen decides to include one here.

(Mods...please allow this thread to stay. It is important that the members here understand what I am doing and the motivation behind it. I have already explained myself in the latest thread requesting a LTR forum.)

Here is the link:

http://jconserv.net/djltr/

The link is also in my signature.

Last edited:

padrote

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the Bible said that the female is supposed to pursue a long term relationship, not us.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by padrote
I thought the Bible said that the female is supposed to pursue a long term relationship, not us.
The forum isn't about pursuing long term relationships. It is for people who are in one and are looking for tips, advice and tools to help them succeed in a LTR. The techniques that work well for getting dates and one night stands can't often harm a LTR and cause it to fail. Things need to be adjusted quite a bit. That's what the forum is for. So many guys on here get in a relationship and feel sort of lost and out of their element. That is something that really needs to be addressed.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. The game really does start to change when you're involved in a LTR and many aspects of DJing are different. However, many of the basic things are still the same. Like the qualities of being a man: Charismatic, Confident, Smart, Funny, etc.

I don't see why we don't have a LTR forum. We have a specific forum for the mature man. Why can't we have a specific forum for the LTR?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Okay guys...if you REALLY want a LTR forum here then you are going to need to demonstrate to Allen that not only is there a need for it, but it will be used. This will not work if you don't register and post.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this forum is needed, and could have helped more a few months ago! Now that Im single, I dont really need it! Although, once again, it is needed and I will definately use it next time I am in a LTR.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
An Update of what we'll be doing on the LTR forum:

I have located some free "training" material that I am going to be using to offer various "workshops" (similar to bootcamps) relating to not only relationships but many areas of self-improvement to help people succeed in life. I will develop "homework" and "exercises" based on this material. There is also a "Relationship Journals" forum for people to track relationship issues that come up and document what they did that was successful and what failed. Once this gets off the ground it should provide some good reading material and examples for people to look at when they are struggling.

Thank you to those who are already contributing to the LTR forum and I hope to see more people take part in what we are doing in between your contributions here at this forum.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Another update...

We found that the host we originally put the LTR forum on basically sucked, so I found a new one and that funkly Elvis impersonator and I are co-admins and have been busy setting things up. As soon as there are 25 members on the forum we will start the Workshops!

The new link is in my sig and I edited my first post to show the new link.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wyld, i cant get back into the djltr forum
says im spelling my name incorrect or i am inactive

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
We had to move, pen...we discovered that the host we were using sucked a$$ so we set up with another host. You'll have to re-register.

Here's the new link:

http://jconserv.net/djltr/index.php

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
No problem...if you see aequitas over there could you tell him I need for him to go to the admin menu and add the style/theme I disabled? I was testing themes and found that one in particular kept interfering with a bunch of the styles so I disabled it to see if the others would come up. In the process of doing that my browser froze up and I had to force quit it. Now I can't see the new forum until aequitas adds that style back. Oops... :(

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Since we are now over 25 members at the LTR Forum I will be starting the Workshops within the next couple of days. Anyone interested in taking part should take the Asessment that will show you the areas you need to work on and the areas in which you are strong. All the Workshops will provide help with the various areas that Assessment covers, so taking this is very important, because it will show you which Workshops you should participate in and which ones you don't really need.

For more information, links and to view the online book and materials I will be using for these Workshops check out the "Relationship Workshops" section of the LTR Forum.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be starting the Workshops within the next couple of days. Anyone interested in taking part should take the Asessment that will show you the areas you need to work on and the areas in which you are strong.
No offence Wyld but if you want your forum to work and give good advice you need a mature man who is either in a long term relationship/marriage and can give me a man's perspective of how he handles being in that relationship from his viewpoint.

There is some good advice by Rollo Tomassi in the following thread:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69796

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
No offence Wyld but if you want your forum to work and give good advice you need a mature man who is either in a long term relationship/marriage and can give me a man's perspective of how he handles being in that relationship from his viewpoint.

There is some good advice by Rollo Tomassi in the following thread:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69796
The material I am using for the Workshops was developed by a man and covers confidence, education, career, intimacy, relationships, depression, communication, conflict resolution and more. The man is a professional and has some very good material.

You shouldn't simply assume that these Workshops won't be beneficial just because I will be running them and happen to be a woman.

To give people a better idea of the type of material I will be basing the workshops on, take a look at the material for Assertiveness at the following link. I will be developing exercises and activities to help people put these principles into practice. I think this stuff could help a lot of people overcome problems areas if they participate. Since I was trained in "Task Analysis" and writing Behavior Plans and working in the area of Behavior Modification I think I can put together something that will genuinely help people. Overall, the material is very good.

http://front.csulb.edu/tstevens/assertion_training.htm

Last edited:

Brother_Rapp

Banned
Reaction score
Wyldfire

If things don't go your way on this thread are you going to bytch to get this thread closed also?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brother_Rapp
Wyldfire

If things don't go your way on this thread are you going to bytch to get this thread closed also?
diablo didn't close the thread because of what I said. He doesn't answer to me and he certainly doesn't consult with me in deciding which threads to close and which ones to leave open. Apparently I have "embarassed" you on a public forum. I guess that makes you want to "kick my a$$". :rolleyes:

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brother_Rapp
Wyldfire

Is this necessary Player Supreme? Do you have to follow and antagonize all of the posters who disagree with you?

I'm really not liking this. I have to say that I'm disappointed (again) with your board behavior. You're supposed to be an intellectual but you harass other posters like a common Troll.

Post like a DJ or don't post at all. Respect others opinions!

P.S. I'm not really gonna keep warning you about this.