Follow up to the "Imaginary Boyfriend" post

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I had another chat with the girl in question today and she started up with the "I have a boyfriend" stuff again. Except this time we were having a discussion about something else and she just out of the blue started talking about how her boyfriend bought her chocolates today , so I reply by saying "How sweet of him, I should meet this guy some day. It sounds like something I would do," and then she replys by saying "You'll find a girl some day." Well, I'm not really all that sure if it was very don juanish, but I have to admit that I was a little more than annoyed by this considering she keeps bringing it up, which may have been the point. Well, I ended up just telling her off by bringing up the fact that I know she isn't interested in me and that she should quit all of the mind games and tell me up front, considering that it was an imaginary boyfriend and not a real one. I ended by saying that it was the way I felt and that she may not like me very much now for it.

I'm hoping I didn't burn any bridges by what I told her and that we can atleast still be friends, but I am not sure if she is really going to have much interest in that aspect now even.

Maybe some of you here can hopefully give me some advice on how to better handle this in the future; because I am not sure how I did.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an imaginery boyfriend too. His name is BoBo the Monkey.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was a little more than annoyed by this considering she keeps bringing it up, which may have been the point. Well, I ended up just telling her off by bringing up the fact that I know she isn't interested in me and that she should quit all of the mind games and tell me up front, considering that it was an imaginary boyfriend and not a real one. I ended by saying that it was the way I felt and that she may not like me very much now for it.

Three Letters..AFC..you are frustrated and it showed..you confessed your love for her..NO NO NO!!!!!

next time..lie about girlfriends..have a friend call you on a cell fone..and act like its a girl..burn those bridges..she is useless..especially if she really does have a B/f

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I still have a lot to learn from this. It's turns out now that she actually does have a boyfriend and she was rubbing that fact in my face. I shouldn't have let her get to me. You're right this girl is useless; she isn't even all that attractive. The guy that she is seeing isn't all that much better either on the social scale. Time for bigger and better things I think.....