Flowers...Valentines Day and England

justjosh47

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so the girl I was seeing last semester is in London right now studying abroad, would it be a good move to send her flowers for Valentines Day? I was thinking something else besides roses. Any ideas?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roses mean romance
carnations means friends
tulips are always a nice change and cheaper too.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
roses mean romance
carnations means friends
tulips are always a nice change and cheaper too.

Been dating a girl a month and a half. We see each other 3 times a week and got pretty close fast.

For V-day - one rose, or a dozen? And delivered to the house by 1-800-flowers? or given in person? Should i get a piece of jewerly? Tickets to a show? I'm all out of ideas, cant think of anythign good.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a month and half is too soon for jewerly and things like that.

schedule a date
pick her up with one single red rose, and tell her that you just had to show this rose how beautiful your lady is.
things like that are sweet and earn you points.

take her somewhere.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:

schedule a date
pick her up with one single red rose, and tell her that you just had to show this rose how beautiful your lady is.

take her somewhere.

yea but most people get some kid of gift too, and im sure shes gonna have 1 for me, i cant just give her a rose can i?

I wish i knew how much she was spending.

Id love to do the one rose, and big bear or box of chocolates thing. But my fear is, she is gonna havesome nice thing for me.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it seems too soon to me to spend a ton of money on one day.
however i never did like valentines day.
so maybe its best that i dont give you advise on this one.

my favorite gift on valentines to give is homemade brownies.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:

schedule a date

take her somewhere.
also, i haven't mentioned v-day to her yet. By me every restaurant is booked on v-day, no matter where u go. So i gotta make reservations pretty soon, when should i bring it up. Also should i ask her where she wants to go, or just take her somewhere? I was thinking of maybe asking, just to be nice, and then having a place in mind (cuz i know shes gunna say "i dunno" adn wants me to pick)

I know a great mexican place that is big for v-day, they have mariachi bands at the tables. Is that a good idea? Mexican food is kinda hard on the stomache, not sure if its the best place. Whatya think?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
I know a great mexican place that is big for v-day, they have mariachi bands at the tables. Is that a good idea? Mexican food is kinda hard on the stomache, not sure if its the best place. Whatya think?
now you see, i was never one of those chickie chicks that wanted a candlelight dinner of steak and soufles and chocolate mousse.
i dig mexican food and i think their bands at their places are sweet.
what about something italian? thats nice too.