First date Suggestions

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. I met this girl online couple of days ago and I decided to take her out for something fun. I though of taking her to a movie but I feel it will be a bad idea since we have not met yet and that we would like to use the opportunity to get to know each other a bit more. Do you all have a suggestion whether taking her to a movie is a good idea? Also, I thought of getting her a flower or something but just don't know the kind to get since this is going to be my REAL first date. Or perhaps the flower idea is bad altogether. Let me know what to do. Thanks.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
no flower, no movie...

take her to get coffee, or on a walk in the park, hockey game etc...

Vincent Freeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by speedo_meme
no flower, no movie...

take her to get coffee, or on a walk in the park, hockey game etc...
I completely agree with this. Your first date should be used to get to know your partner a lot better. I always go with a coffee shop or some place that is cheap and good to chat. Remember, think of the first date like a job interview. Your the boss and she is the applicant. Either she passes or gets cut...your choice. Remember, you want to show her that she is the lucky one to be asked out and that you know what you want. And to answer your other question, no roses or flowers. Remember, she is the one being interviewed, not you. Save the flowers for a relationship, definetely not for a first date (makes you look desperate). Remember, your interviewing HER so be confident and you'll soon come to find out she'll want you even more. Luck to you!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. It never occure to me to consider 1st date like an interview. I certainly will apply your principles on this first date and I will get back with you all how things go.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can't go wrong with Chuck-E-Cheese. i'm dead serious. or pick her up in a rented U-Haul truck and don't say a word about it...not a peep...not a smile....nothing.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all agreed to not take her to a movie and completely wipe-out the flower idea. The U-haul idea is what I don't get. First off, it is coatly to rent a u-haul than a regular automobile. Secondly, I don't have that much of experience with dating thing to go on first date in a u-haul. The idea looks cool though. I remember Ray(LL cool J) did similar thing in "deliver Us from Eva". I don't have his kind of game yet.

bliss217

Reaction score
seriously don't waste your money on flowers right away. i used to bring all my girls flowers all the time. though i did get some action and in most cases didn't mind doing it, the more i look back on it it was a huge waste of money. girls would rather get flowers when they are least expecting it. don't spend much on a first date either. i used to always do that to make a good impression. in some cases i am not sure if the girls liked me for me or the lifestyle i lead. start by doing something cheap and see how it goes from there.