Fighting

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Every once in a while I get into a situation where sum cvnt tries to fight me? For instance, last August I was at a party chatting to a bird that I used to fvck a lot. This tw@t who was part of another group kept shouting to me to help him pack some sh1t they'd brought in, I hardly know this guy - well met the tosser early on during the day. He's got a bit of reputation of being a nutcase and is up to his eyeballs in anti-depressents. I was told that he beat the sh1te out of his 2 previous girlfriends and they both had to go to hospital...one with a broken jaw. Anyway, this guy kept shouting to me to give him a hand so I put my drink down and gave him a round of applause...christ almighty the w@nker went ballistic at me and ran up to me kicking and punching me until a 90 year woman got in between us - luckily I'd dodged his punched but the kicks got me. So what happened, well here goes:

* I thought he was joking so initially stood my ground,
* When I realised he wasn't I didn't know what to do,
* I completly locked up...not scared but clueless!!!

Now every now and again an incident like this will crop up and it usually centres around woman. This guy obvioulsy likes this bird and was getting upset as me speaking to her...I suspect he's fvcked her himself but is a bit annoyed that I got there before him! Personality and looks wise I'm superior to this arsehead!

So heres my issues (and I suspect they affect my game)

* When a fight situation crops up I do not know what to do,
* I'm furious and well angry that I let people get away with threatening, hitting, or undermining me especially in front of woman.

I need to learn how to fight because I have a personality that annoys some people...I'm not afraid to talk or be outgoing and fun. This rubs some up the wrong away...I'm 31 now and I ain't changing my personality. In the past it has got me jobs, girls and good friends...there is just this click that I come up against. Always the same type of person that wants to undermine me and others.

So yeah you probably guessed that I'm drawing the line now by saying "right I'm gonna challenge these fvckwits that dis-respect me" yeah you're right...I don't disrespect others! It's just this certain click of people that society produces...

I have the agression in me, I'm short tempred too in these situations but I just cannot get it out in a efficient manner! I've seen guys dis-respecting guys who know how to fight and christ don't they get there arses kicked! When I say know how to fight I mean Thai Boxers, Jiu Jitsu or Boxers.

Please don't get me wrong I know they're some nutcases out there that I would actually run from (i'm an amateur runner) however, these c0ck attention seeking fruitcakes are the ones that I just need to deal with...these sorts won't fight back after a few cracks...the sorts that say "I was only joking" when the sh1t hits the fan.

So should I learn how to fight? How should I do it as I believe that I should have some sort of fighting skill in this day and age. Seriously, I do have a great personality but all the way through my life there has always been some cvnt that wants to undermine that!!

Cheers for reading:box:

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Work out so you'll be jacked and people won't want to mess with you. Only if you don't have any options then the last resort is fighting. Get familiar with some sort of ground fighting because when someone wants to fight you things happen so fast you don't have time for any bullshido. Just tackle them then ground and pound them.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself. You need to start training.

In what?

I suggest boxing and judo to start off with. But really any striking w/grappling is good. Thai boxing or boxing would be the best. Mix in some grappling...judo, sambo, brazilian jiu-jitsu, or wrestling.

Things to stay away from would be kung fu depicted by various animals or shaolin monks, karate schools, and tae kwon do schools, especially ones that offer family discounts, trophies, and "tiny tot" classes.

Judo is in my opinion better to learn before jiu-jitsu. why? throws. you're concerned about silly situations like the one you mentioned. judo guys are GREAT at throws. you'll still know some on the ground techniques, but quite frankly, if he's thrown on pavement i don't think you'll need too many elaborate finishing moves.

boxing will get you use to striking and evading.

could you just become a straight brawler? sure, if thats your style. but add some finesse by learning some technical throws, takedowns, and striking styles, and rather than having to DESTROY your opponent, which could land you in some hefty legal trouble (and isn't too good looking to the ladies), you'll be able to wisely and decisively SUBDUE your opponent. you won't get in trouble, and it will look a lot "prettier" to the ladies.

i myself do bjj and boxing.

Alex_1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes men need to fight, violence breeds violence, so lets get violent!!! I myself got my asss kicked by 4 guys and it's eating me up inside, as one man to another you cannot allow someone to disrespect you and not suffer and reprocusions. I gotta question that applies to this topic though. Do i have to take classes or can i download some books on techniques from the internet? Will a combination of rage and a little bit a practice be enough to take down someone who has been in dozens of fights and has natural skill?

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice! Obviously the fighting numptie is not afraid of the pain involved...at first! I suspect that these cvnts back down after a few cracks to the skull/balls/stomach!

So yeah I'm gonna take classes...I have found a street fighting association that teaches quick but effective manouvres that derive from martial arts, however; the moves appear to be useful in pressure situations!

Ok, so I learn these techniques...so what's next? I have to get used to pain, I have to get used to being punched hard etc. Well this is like any skill...practice and experience is the key! There is no point learning these self defence techniques if I'm still gripped by fear...so what can I do. I'm gonna email the instructor of this defence class my concerns with regards to using the techniques in a real situation. I think he'll say "practice"...

Thanks again guys...

And yeah that faggot that had go at me is eating me up inside - what goes around comes around with these fvckers!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be weary of the street fighting classes. A lot of those times, moved are practiced in a safe, preplanned environment to mimic a real-life situation.

Problem is they're not real at all.

I would suggest sticking with boxing and judo. Why? Both are going to make you feel pain.

You'll be sparring and getting hit. You'll use to stuff being thrown at you. You'll get use to being thrown and throwing with judo.

DarkTrick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually avoid threads like this, as they turn into a "my martial art is better than your martial art" pissing contest.

So please, if your opinion differs, fine, I accept the difference, it's not necessary to jump all over each other (as tends to happens when the subject of picking a martial art to study). Everyone has a good reason for training in the discipline they do, and in that regard we should respect each other's experience.

>> I'm furious and well angry that I let people get away with threatening, hitting, or undermining me especially in front of woman.
This is understandable, but it's your ego that's interpreting the situation as such. From what I understand of the situation, this mutt was just creating an environment where he could seem justified in escalating it to violence. It worked, he suckered you into engaging on his terms. Many things to learn from this.

>> because I have a personality that annoys some people...
I'm not going to address that, maybe someone will. Think about what you're saying there.

>> I'm short tempred too in these situations but I just cannot get it out in a efficient manner!
"The angry man fights himself". Anger can work against you in a fight. The plus side of anger is the elevated energy it produces, the minus side is it can seriously cloud your judgement and limit your response to brawling. A good fighter will see this quickly and use it to his advantage.

>> So should I learn how to fight?
All men should train in a discipline that will enable them to proficiently respond to attacks and defend themselves (or others) while maintaining a calm and detached spirit. This is not easy nor simple, and it's not something you're going to do in ten easy lessons for $99.99.

Stategy is the craft of the warrior. Strategy, skill, and deception born from training day in and day out. Spirit plays a part, but know the difference between that and emotion. Anger, Rage, Embaressment, Intimidation... all emotions, all liabilities.

>> I suggest boxing and judo to start off with. But really any striking w/grappling is good.
I would agree. Boxing is a quick way to get face to face with someone and learn how to effectively deal with the agressions of another person.

>> I myself got my asss kicked by 4 guys and it's eating me up inside, as one man to another you cannot allow someone to disrespect you and not suffer and reprocusions.
Again, this happened, it's over, and you're not dead. It was a learning experience, albeit a very hard one I'm sure.
If you really need closure, systematically hunt them down 1 by 1 and take them, and as Musashi instructs, crush them completely.

>> Do i have to take classes or can i download some books on techniques from the internet?
Unless you have a great deal of experience, classes are required. There is no substitute for a good instructor who can properly assess your skill level, demonstrate and explain technique in a manner which you can understand completely, and correct your mistakes before they're engrained.

>> Will a combination of rage and a little bit a practice be enough to take down someone who has been in dozens of fights and has natural skill?
In terms of facing off with them 1 on 1, usually no. You could get lucky, but I wouldnt count on it.

Someone who has a good amount of experience would enjoy going against a enraged person, because the enraged fighter can be counted on to make glaring mistakes in strategy. One good opening, created either by anger clouding someone's judgement or created by setting them up with a feint/indirect attack, is all a good fighter needs to end the engagement.

>> I have to get used to pain, I have to get used to being punched hard etc.
Pain and training go hand in hand. In the class I attend, I'm amazed at how many big guys grunt and wince with what experienced players would consider simply to be 'discomfort'. This comes with training. Realize it's not going to kill you, it's just pain.

>>I suspect that these cvnts back down after a few cracks to the skull/balls/stomach!
Assume nothing except what happens in the fight. Figuring you're going to tag someone a couple times and they'll fold is poor strategy. I've seen guys take hits that I would have surely thought would take them down, and it doesnt. Always be prepared to go the distance, and always be prepared for multiple attackers.

>>There is no point learning these self defence techniques if I'm still gripped by fear
This is very correct and very important. Loosing this fear is not something easily done, and I've only been able to approach this by years of training. The best fighters still experience fear at the onset, but they trust their training, their technique, and their abilities. Remember fear has no existence outside your mind.

>>A lot of those times, moves are practiced in a safe, preplanned environment to mimic a real-life situation.
Several years ago I would have agreed with this as being a downside of many disciplines. But I've come to realize that for most people to properly learn technique, in the begining, it has to be taught in a controlled situation.

As proficieny develops, other randoms elements can be added until the environment is fully dynamic, but the basic technique must be mastered first.

Unfortunately, most guys dont have this mindset, and there are schools that cater to this. In reality, there are no shortcuts to developing proficiency in any discipline, it takes time and energy. Think long haul.

Fitness and the proficiency in basics precedes progression. Gain a solid technical foundation in whatever you choose to study before considering yourself of fight-club status.

Patience is required.

Many consider this required reading for students, of any discipline : A Book of Five Rings (Go Rin No Sho) by Miyamoto Musashi

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many thanks for your tips...The street fighting class that I've seen uses techniques from boxing and judo. However, only ones possible in a pressure situation are taught and practiced. Also the classes cover aggression and the rage that comes out of these fvcking cvnts! Apparently if one understands the psychology then that's some of the battle won!

As for my personality, I get on with a lot of people - I'm a happy person, just the odd wanker causes me a problem. I'm 31 and I can't change the way I am and I'm not going to do it just to please these tw@ts. The only thing they understand is a crack in the right place!