Feeling AFC For A Girl, Is It Nature Or Society?

Is feeling afc for a girl due to human nature or society?

• Total voters

Black Circle

Don Juan
Reaction score
This question poped in my head out of nowhwere today. It basically simplifies down to the cliche nature or nurture.

Do you really think society plays the impact of making you feel afc for a girl or is it just nature. I mean how can society play that much of an impact, or can it? The root of being afc for a girl is so deep tho, how can it not be nature, follow?

I'll admit, this is over analyzation, but hey its science. The most important rule, be above the girl and the odds are in your favor. But let''s stick to the question.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
Nurture: When we all were around 8 we'd kick girls ass and be happy about it.. Then most of us develop a wussy within. It could be nature in terms that we all doing the same thing, but I strongly believe it is nurture, because in some cultures there is no such problems. For example, Georgians, Armenians, south american tribes, south african tribes, abariginease, etc, etc...

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's both.

It's definitely "nature" to a degree because you can actually get chemically addicted to love. When you're crushing on a woman, your body secretes some kind of chemicals (endorphins?) that give you a high. That's why you feel so crappy when you get dumped.

So yes, it is partially society... but you can blame your own body, too.

GloriouslyInsane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the "nature" of males in most of mammals is to impregnate the female and then disappear.So i would say society.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both. Fear of rejection is natural. Infatuation is natural. Being "nice" in an effort to win over girls is society.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey said:
Being "nice" in an effort to win over girls is society.
BOOM!
Thats the AFC element in question... Def. Society!

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey is right:

Some AFCness is natural because as humans, we naturally desire to be in a euphoric state, which is created by being around things that produce pleasure. Being around a girl we like is very pleasurable. Looking at a girl from afar, thinking about her constantly, getting jealous when she talks to another guy, having a rapid heart beat in her presence are all natural behaviors because they all tie into trying to achieve that euphoric state of pleasure.

Now, whenever you find yourself writing a love poem to a girl, listening to all of her problems, repeatedly telling her that you love her, calling her non-stop, putting herself before you, and basically being a doormat, then you are not acting natural. This AFC behavior is what you learned from society, which told you that this was the way to the girl's heart, WHICH IS WRONG!!!

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats feeling like AFC? Being attached to single girl? Loving a girl?

Nothing wrong with that. People DO get married you know. People do have long lasting relationships where both people truly love each other.

Its natural. In my terms being AFC is falling for a girl without getting to know her sexually and other girls as well. Its about being walked over by a girl, and not asking for proper respect. its about putting her ABOVE you.

But there is nothing wrong with putting a woman on your level if she does deserve it.

Who deserves it? A mother and a wife who has been faithful for years and bore your children and mostly raised them. Thats the kind of a woman that should be cherished.

Until then a woman should get general respect. The more things she does for YOU - the more respect you should give her.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both.

Some AFC's are wussies made by movies and books. They drown their instincts based on what society wants.

Other AFC's are needy, possessive Macho Boys. (This is actually natural behavior, if you think about it.) They let their instincts drown out smooth, gentlemanly behavior.