faded/old/grundge effect clothing

bluemc

Don Juan
Reaction score
who wears the clothing from A&F, Gap, Old Navy, Hollister. Who wears the faded/old style looking clothing does anyone wear these things? I kinda like some of the faded tshirts but not the beated or used looking jeans. Do girls like this style?

bluemc

Don Juan
Reaction score
im talking about the tshirts that have the faded effect on them?

do people tend to link them? they seem old/vintage do girls like that style of clothing?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I hate that old look. I dont want to pay to look like a fukking bum.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High School Girls are stupid. They will think that whatever is in the window of AF or what's on the Manniquin at Hollister is the thing to wear. So yeah, money hungry stupid girls like that.

If this is for you trying to establlish a style for back to school shoppin, i would suggest you do what gigaloDj and I do... express and guess, i also like Calvin Klein.

REMEMBER KIDDIES: I have, (and sometimes still do) Shop at Hollister and Abercrombie i am 100% unbiased...

but you gotta admit, abercrombie smells kinda funky:D

Last edited:

Stratocaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just get shirts that fit and look good, the name means ****. I have BB King, John Lee Hooker, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd shirts, and I always get chicks coming up to me be like "heyyy! who's that on your shirt?" Thats my favorite music, and they look good. Plus, my eyes are blue, so i have a few blue shirts I wear that bring that out. The name means **** me friend, go without a shirt without a store name on it.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
I hate that old look. I dont want to pay to look like a fukking bum.
Do you dress "gangsta"?

THAT is a good way to make yourself look poor while spending alot of money.

Wearing a faded abercrombie shirt doesn't make you look like a bum. Vintage style looks good if you do it right. Some of the classiest looking people I know wear vintage-style shirts. I personally would never wear a T-shirt with a big logo on it.

Vintage jeans look good as long as they don't have big holes or paint chips on them.

"You are obviously so biased that your opinion doesnt even matter."

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
THAT is a good way to make yourself look poor while spending alot of money.
Ok, so if i dressed "gangsta" as in throwbacks, matching hat, some jeans and some timberlands i would look poor? Thats like 500 dollars worth of clothes man.

I have a wide variety of clothes and styles, but just as you dont like the "gangsta" look, i dont like the vintage look.

I guess if i wanna dress like a bum i'll dress like Zelemont. Lol

ZELEMONT : The STUNT BUM!

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
let's stop the flame war. Vintage Clothes look fine cuz they are in style now... and so is the "gangsta" look. In 3 years if you wear Vintage Jeans or AF1's you're gonna look like a douche bag either way. so let's all get over our bad selves:)

bluemc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you guys post pictures on what type of clothing you guys would wear.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Ill post pics of myself and my clothes in 2 weeks when i get a digi cam.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
I guess if i wanna dress like a bum i'll dress like Zelemont. Lol

ZELEMONT : The STUNT BUM!
Yeah, because I said I wear vintage clothes. No wait, I said the exact opposite.

Stunt bum?

?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Im assuming you have never heard of "Bumfights". It was a video made by some guys of bums fighting and doing dangerous activity on film. They were eventually prosecuted but their website is still up. Get with the times man!

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
GUCCIIIIIII KIDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Hey,people .

Yes most girls pay attention 2 what u wear. Because,like it or not it does some how reflect ur social status ,culture ,they way u want 2 be seen , And the vibe u wanna give off to the world,not just ur prefernce 4 a certain designer or what is or isn't in the dry-cleaners.

You see 2 women a guy that's out-dated ,fashion wise , is ether socially akward or just a plain old loser.OUR basic baggy -jean ,SEAN JOHN ,ICEBERG ADDICT IS A HIP- HOPPER OR A TREND FOLLOWER.

Gap ,oldnavy,abercombie and fishers TO THEM are plain,pudy vanilla snowmen-style white subbarnites.

A k-mart sporter is poor,or a cheap-skate.DESIGNER-ONLY,BRAND-NAME TILL I DIE TYPES ARE LOADED ,IN THEIR EYES.

IT IS STUPID AND SHALLOW ,RIGHT ,BUT THIS IS THE VAST MAJORITY OF WOMEN 2-DAY ,AND U HAVE 2 PLAY THE GAME OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL B MORE THAN READY 2 TAKE UR SPOT.

MOST of us can't even name 5 female brands or designers,and doesn't even think twice when it comes 2 putting on whatever is in their closet ,be it levi's ,or roc-a -wear,or whatever.Yet the pressure to look good ,nowadays is on us.

I could care less about gear ,but at the same time i want 2 look sharp,and not have 2 worry about it.So my advice 2 people like me is..IF U CAN AFFORD IT BUY THE GUCCI STUFF,CLOTHES WATCHES ,SHOES EVERYTHING,TRUST ME.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree on the Gucci statement. VERY few people can pull off Gucci clothing...you have to have something of an unkempt eurotrash look to you. Also, if you have any muscle definition, good luck being able to fit into anything made by Gucci. Like Samsonite Black Label and Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane, it's all designed for men who are 5'11" and 150.
If you're seriously interested in dressing fashionably, try out Dolce & Gabanna, Prada (shoes and leather goods only, the clothes are CRAP), Turnbull & Asser, Donna Karan (NOT DKNY), Brioni, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hugo Boss (Hugo Boss or Baldesserini only, not the Boss line), or Armani (Jeans, Collezioni, and Black Label). At the same time, you have to be able to pull these off. I hate the AF1's and jerseys (I dont even know what a throwback IS) look...but it all boils down to this. If you feel comfortable and confident in what you're wearing, wear it. If you feel confident in your Rocawear jeans, or your Abercrombie polos, or your whatever, by all means, wear them. If you can't dress yourself without consulting a group of total strangers (not intended towards anyone, just a general statement), how do you expect to get girls? Dress how you like to dress, and let that be the end of that.

Bjon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just have to say dress in things that fit you, look good on you, and things you like. That's what you I do. Don't dress in crap stuff that makes you look like a hobo. Make sure you look good and feel good in what you're wearing. After that just be confident and you will make yourself look even better.

Reaction score
Dude, you should have your OWN style and stand out from the crowd. Chicks dont want a guy that's just like everyone else. Think of how many AFC's are out there and how annoyed by them chicks are. Also think of how most guys seem to wear the same clothing (most). If you want to be the opposite of AFC, dont do what all the other AFC's are doing.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
ur right,mr.latte.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^