Eye contact - looking at me then looking away and smiling

no_longer_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl who I'm interested in is showing some signs of interest with respect to body language and the way she conducts herself around me. Getting to know her has lead me to believe that she's quite shy. She has a habit of sometimes making eye contact then looking down/away and smiling.

She's either laughing at me (unlikely). Could be a bit shy (maybe). Or I could just be reading something into nothing (likely).

What's your opinion?

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that when they look away
thats a sign of submission.

Anyways...just go up to her and talk to her,
read her body language, look for IOIs, be confident
and try and get her e-mail address and or number.

Don't wait around just go fot it.

Remember to stay out of her personal space
and stand to the side when you do this because
shes shy.

You don't want to scare he off now.

punchitchewy

Don Juan
Reaction score
no_longer_afc said:
This girl who I'm interested in is showing some signs of interest with respect to body language and the way she conducts herself around me. Getting to know her has lead me to believe that she's quite shy. She has a habit of sometimes making eye contact then looking down/away and smiling.

She's either laughing at me (unlikely). Could be a bit shy (maybe). Or I could just be reading something into nothing (likely).

What's your opinion?
Buddy she is WAY into you. This pretty much describes exactly how shyer girls react around guys they like. Reel her in lmao.

FadedStripes

Reaction score
I'm shy and this is definetly how I react around guys that I'm interested in. So I'm sure you have a pretty good shot ;)

kakashi

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea jda70 thats right looking away is a sign of submission, esp. if its down. its like mini a bow. does she do something like fiddle her hair or a preening act of some sort straight after the eye contact? if she does its her brain having sensory overload and the preening act is a subconscious act that translates to "SHVT that guys hot and looking at me, it gotta look my best" kinda cute

i personally love the girls how stare you down for at least 5 secs, otherwise its like shooting fish in barrel

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
........Randallpink reaches into top desk drawer, his hand deftly lifts the revolver. He puts it to his head and screams "NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE FVCKING THREADSSSSS AGHHHHH GOD"... He pulls the trigger... peace... misery ended.

love, randallpink

....honestly you should candidly snap a photo of her and spend the next two weeks whacking off to it cause its the only thing you're gonna get from her if you are wasting your time here talking about something trivial when you could be trying to hit her up....

i guess i should explain where i'm coming from http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134383
:cool:

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good that you are noticing body language, but the fact of the matter is that regardless of what you think or what our opinions are, none are certain. You should not ponder over whether she is giving you signals, that's what women do. If you feel compelled to approach, then do so and ask for her number and then you'll know if you're right or not. This is the way of a man.

no_longer_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 - I agree with what you're saying - I need to pluck up the courage and try my luck.

To everyone else, many thanks. I agree that body language is only indicative and I shouldn't think because someone on here says yes she's into you that means I'm gonna shag her.

Regards

no_longer_afc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another newbie question. Don't women know about making eye contact etc. Surely they can bluff it?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can someone clear this up for me then?

I thought maintaing eye contact steadily was a sign of interest... now I'm reading looking away is a sign of interest too?

Which is it??

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Can someone clear this up for me then?

I thought maintaing eye contact steadily was a sign of interest... now I'm reading looking away is a sign of interest too?

Which is it??
I would say looking away is NOT an SOI.... The main theory of looking away (and this is totally even trivial) is to show alpha signs... Like I don't care to keep looking at you, I'm looking for other stimuli...

But stick to the norm and keep her eye contact.

I actually tend to look away first alot... But its a natural thing. Its in sync with me. I've spent a lot of time TRYING to keep eye contact and after awhile of doing that I no longer even thought of eye contact... So I tend to not just KEEP giving her eye contac constantly. But when I am looking in her eye its correct, confident.
Seriously, I'm not afraid to look hb10 in the eye... I've done it alot.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No_longer_afc...

hey sorry i was in a rare form the other night. But glad to see your attitude towards it.

I say, why think about one girl in particular when you can APPROACH, or socially interact with 10 or more a day?

I never consider girls BL or EC that much because they RARELY rarely give me any before I COLD APPROACH... I just jump out of nowhere and I go for them. They didn't see me coming.
If I ever get a signal and think, hmm was that good or bad... Just being forced to ask yourself that question means you were given SOME KIND of signal... And theres only ONE WAY to find out what it meant right? I mean seriously NO ONE here can answer that for you... YOU have to find out what it meant from her. Even if it was negative, you could go in, convey some personality and who knows, maybe spark some attraction right?

....not sure if you read the link I posted... But when I see threads like this, I see a giant red flag fly up and think "Man if this guy would just go out and focus on hitting up ALL the girls"... It would be so much better for you... honestly you already thought about this ONE girl way too much. You have probably already psyched yourself out with her and it probably won't go anywhere.
I'm not sure what you want out of life. Don't know what your goals are. But I say you are here already. Focus on the bigger picture. Make a goal to get good with woman and to have an abundance in life. sound good?