Experienced Veterans....critique this guy's approaches

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good to see the difference in vibe/demeanor from the first two chicks and then the third one who's interested.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely seems like he's used to doing some cold approaches. Really, even if you're good, it's just a numbers game. Some girls will be very cold, some will be lukewarm like the first two, and sometimes she'll be very warm and receptive like the third girl.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe rambling too much here and there. Could be more smooth and ask for digits quicker(2nd girl) . Less validating ,let her wonder why you approached her when uit talk to her afterwards. You could tell when he approached the girl a out her style he did pretty good.

Also , if you approach multiple women you gotta target at least one specific. But overall he did oke, this practice will come in handy when he is at a bar/party /festival intoxicated and 1 on1 with a girl .

Highly recommend more guys doing this.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also , if you approach multiple women you gotta target at least one specific. But overall he did oke, this practice will come in handy when he is at a bar/party /festival intoxicated and 1 on1 with a girl .
Sometimes when I target one girl, a different girl ends up talking to me. Actually I think there was some PUA technique that says you're not supposed to open to the one you're actually interested in. You DHV first and then talk to your true target.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah makes sense. Like , first approach (conquer) the ugly fat friend? I like that advice. Sometimes indeed another girl is more " your type" ( you are her type) .

I just didn't like him talking to more women and then just leave without clear closure ,but hey, credits where it due; it's always more difficult when you face multiple opponents.

Will try it this weekend haha.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll also add that it helps a lot to DHV before you approach the group. Let her see you talking to other people (especially women) and having a good time. You can talk to men or women that have wedding rings to get warmed up.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

He was approaching girls in Dallas....

I thought he wasn't bad, he had a friendly, down to earth, casual vibe....just there to meet people.

What do you guys think he needs to work on?
I've commented on this video before in the Dallas thread and elsewhere. It's the easiest daygame in Dallas video to find on YouTube.

The context of that video is that the daygamer in Dallas is a novice daygamer. It is easier to tell he's a relative novice by some of his conversations. I recognize most of the spots and I have done approach sessions in similar spots.

He's doing mainly Torero-Krauser style approaches on the street, in parks, and on walking paths. Doesn't look for IOIs prior to approach. Approached numerous women with earbuds in and less than ideal body language, which led to more rejections.

He got a good situation with the woman he approached at 8:36, lasts until 10:13. He approached her from behind, which is a bit uncalibrated.

The woman at 5:49-6:52 had some of the best pre-approach proxemics but was playing on her phone. Didn't show openness to an approach. I probably wouldn't have approached due to that and wasn't surprised when he got another polite blowoff, that of the IHAB variety. I don't get IHAB'ed all too much because I tend to use more sniper game.

The approach from 7:30-8:30 was a typical Dallas female blowoff. Dallas females are often skilled at giving non-confrontational rejections.

He got numbers at 14:40-15:59 (weak ask for a coffee date) and 17:12-19:04. Both were approaches from behind. The woman at 17:12 had earbuds in and a hat on, which are usually indicators in disinterest. I've never believed in the running from behind a woman, going in front of her, and then delivering the opener tactic like the guy does at 14:35 and with his other Katy Trail approaches. It is a more cringy way to approach in general.

This guy gets IHAB'ed multiple times in approaching on multiple approaches and he doesn't use boyfriend destroyer lines or push back all too much.

My point-of-view is that any number he got during his Dallas daygame session likely ended up as a flake.

This novice cold approacher actually chose some good, targeted areas of Dallas for doing approaches. In the entirety of that video, he approached at the Katy Trail, Klyde Warren Park, Griggs Park, and on random side streets of Uptown Dallas. Katy Trail has a lot of foot traffic for unmarried people in their 20s/30s. Klyde Warren Park and Griggs Park are both urban parks near Downtown Dallas where a lot of the nearby residents are unmarried. Uptown/Downtown Dallas are areas with a high concentration of unmarried people, so approaching on a side residential street near apartments and townhomes is not a bad plan.

My point is that even with choosing solid venues for approaching AND having solid approach tactics, approaching strangers is often very inefficient and doesn't deliver fantastic results.

I have done daygame approach sessions at Katy Trail for 2 hours on a weekend afternoon and come away with nothing to show for it. Unlike that novice daygamer, I am a daygamer with 10+ years experience doing daygame and sometimes I still walk away from a Katy session with nothing. Katy has the best and most targeted foot traffic of any outdoor venue in Dallas. I have also daygamed at Klyde Warren and Griggs too, though less frequently than Katy. Klyde Warren would seem to be good on paper but usually draws in an odd crowd and is usually not worth the effort.

That's why Youth is essential sometimes....I loved these kids energy.

They are a bit goofy but actually got good interest in what they edited on to that video.