ever think....

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think one of the things that makes getting older harder is that life becomes routine.

what i mean by that is that you know that nothing is really going to happen that surprises you totally.

i mean, even when the world trade centers went down, it was shocking in terms of lives lost, but it wasn't surprising as in 'wow, i never in a million years thought that would happen.'

i can't think of anything that would truly 'shake my world'.

maybe aliens appearing, or Jesus coming back or maybe an asteroid hitting us (but to be honest, i wouldn't be totally shocked by an astroid).

i think perhaps this is the biggest problem about getting old - life becomes like the movie ground hog day. and while you're not living out the same day over and over - each day is technically different - it has the same 'common' events to it.

anyway, just a thought.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
These are our best days!

When we've trampled over the ignorance of youth. When we can stand proud and remember our accomplishments. When we can begin to put the pieces of our own jigsaw into place.

We have the gift of reflection and the strength of our character to build our own future.

This is the greatest time.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aliens appearing, and not just in trailer parks, would be Earth-shattering. Probably the one thing I'm most terrified of lol.

Quite frankly, I need less surprises in my life. At times I envy the security of routine, Joekerr.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
wjh said:
Aliens appearing, and not just in trailer parks, would be Earth-shattering.
With the advancement of the G.E.T.S and WPS systems I think the US Governement is preparing to advise us all of the existence of Extraterrestrial beings.

And this will happen within our lifetime.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
i can't think of anything that would truly 'shake my world'.
I can................. How about a near death experience? It shook my world and totally changed almost everything I feel and believe. It got me out of a rut emotionally, physically and spiritually and is like a new beginning outside of the Matrix. I'm now on the outside looking in and have no desire for things that don't mean anything or don't help advance my journey. In many ways it was very liberating.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should give us a full run down of your NDE in the Anything Else section romangod.

Also if you like to read check out Howard Storm's book on his NDE called "My Descent Into Death".

Pretty fascinating reads this NDE stuff is.

Could merely be dying brain hallucinations or evidence of an after life.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
With the advancement of the G.E.T.S and WPS systems I think the US Governement is preparing to advise us all of the existence of Extraterrestrial beings.

I could care less unless they fall out of the sky over Miami when I am there on vacation. I just wanna go fishing with no ET dramas. Is that too much for this Aussie boy to ask ?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this form of thinking comes from not mentally challenging yourself. You let your mind devolve into a rut, this is your responsiblity. The cost of emotional freedom is internal vigillence. Every day you have to remind yourself of your goals and how each thing you do is moving towards them. You have to look back on the day and reflect on what you accomplished and plan for whats ahead. You have to find time in the day to enjoy exactly what is going on in the moment. I usually take a smoke break in the afternoon and go watch the sunset. It's a great way to reflect and live in the moment after a long day of working.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
Aliens appearing, and not just in trailer parks, would be Earth-shattering. Probably the one thing I'm most terrified of lol.

Quite frankly, I need less surprises in my life. At times I envy the security of routine, Joekerr.
haha, maybe this is my problem. i wnt something earth shattering to happen. i don't care how shocking it is.

aliens, jesus, someone develops super powers, etc.

just give me something that makes me wake up in the morning and think 'i wonder what might be goign on in the world today?'

im not depressed or anything, just bored by lifes routine.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:

i hope you are right. that would be very cool! watch it turns out that all women are actually aliens and have been keeping it a secret from us.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
haha, maybe this is my problem. i wnt something earth shattering to happen. i don't care how shocking it is.

aliens, jesus, someone develops super powers, etc.

just give me something that makes me wake up in the morning and think 'i wonder what might be goign on in the world today?'

im not depressed or anything, just bored by lifes routine.
Have some kids.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I think this form of thinking comes from not mentally challenging yourself. You let your mind devolve into a rut, this is your responsiblity. The cost of emotional freedom is internal vigillence. Every day you have to remind yourself of your goals and how each thing you do is moving towards them. You have to look back on the day and reflect on what you accomplished and plan for whats ahead. You have to find time in the day to enjoy exactly what is going on in the moment. I usually take a smoke break in the afternoon and go watch the sunset. It's a great way to reflect and live in the moment after a long day of working.
actually im crazy busy lately. lots of conventionally 'milestone' things happening.

but the more these things happen, the more i realize 'ahhhh i've experienced this feeling before.'

i just wish something DRAMATIC would happen. and i mean REALLY dramatic. not a terrorist attack or something - but aliens, or some crazy DNA discover that lets us reverse aging, etc.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Have some kids.
ya, i should. its been a lot time since i've woken up as the result of being punched in the balls.

;)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres all that i know is for certain:
1. you cant take it with you when you go
2. none of us leave this place alive!

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
actually im crazy busy lately. lots of conventionally 'milestone' things happening.

but the more these things happen, the more i realize 'ahhhh i've experienced this feeling before.'

i just wish something DRAMATIC would happen. and i mean REALLY dramatic. not a terrorist attack or something - but aliens, or some crazy DNA discover that lets us reverse aging, etc.
I hear yah. But the world is still an amazing place! I hope to travel soon and see more of it. Who knows man. 2012 is coming soon. the overlords may reveal the aliens finally, or the world may end, or jesus may come back. We'll see what all the fuss about 2012 is about.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really should consider traveling.

Nothing has given me a fresher perspective or sense of wonder than stepping onto new soil and facing the unknown. It awakens your senses!

The cultures you encounter give you a whole new perspective on life. Hearing other languages provokes new interpretations of meaning, it is a whole other world!

IMHO, you haven't really lived until you've traveled far enough to taste something different. In this age of easy and cheap transportation, there is no reason why any of us should be bored.

poster_guy03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you mean thrill seeking? I'm sure there are many activities on the planet that could fulfill the thirst for high excitement.

Another source of new experiences is your own fantasies (not just sexual). Make them real, although you may get more excitement from the planning and anticipation than you will from the act itself.

I've found that broadening one's social circle is great for introducing new excitement. Go turn over some rocks.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Write a book Joekerr. You have excellent insight, and a strong writing style.