Entrance Test

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently noticed that A LOT of new posters seem to talk like their experts. How about having a sign up test. If they pass they get in, no problem, if there answers suggest AFCness or Oneitis.. on their screenname, under where the post number is, it says "AFC Test Score" etc. Once they hit 150-200 posts or like 3 months, it goes away. This way old members can take it and pass, and new members will be taken as they are.

Credibility in posts is not something that is given.. it should be earned.

Just an idea...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bussey
I recently noticed that A LOT of new posters seem to talk like their experts. How about having a sign up test. If they pass they get in, no problem, if there answers suggest AFCness or Oneitis.. on their screenname, under where the post number is, it says "AFC Test Score" etc. Once they hit 150-200 posts or like 3 months, it goes away. This way old members can take it and pass, and new members will be taken as they are.

Credibility in posts is not something that is given.. it should be earned.

Just an idea...
*Cough*Searchplease*Cough*

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bussey
Haha my bad, I don't ever search for anything.
Then you have failed the entrance test. Go away.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah and what kind of questions, people will just look up the stuff find it answer the question simple as that and if they do not do ok they will try again with a new name. Beings a DJ is more then knowing the theory, if i know i have to be confident and should not de desprate, does that make me a DJ.

and why would 200 posts or 3 months make some one a DJ some people just do not have a clue and they could have lots of posts and have been here a year and not know what they are talking about.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. -Groucho Marx

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it'll be too much work/hassle . you 'd have lower posting as a result.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
<---- look to the left

see the word registered?
see the date?

thats where you see when the person registered.

o wow , no search button required!!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
god dammit!

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sorta thing was suggested like...a while ago...yeah.

Anyway...The whole "Entrance Test" thing isn't totally feasible unless you know someone who's going to put in the wrench time to not only write it up, have Allen implement it, but keep it updated as well. Also, the idea of having the "AFC Test Score" thing go away after a few months is only incentive for someone to go post-crazy. I think - if anything - if a person got a low test score that they would be required to take it again after some predetermined time span has passed.

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
oh yeah and what kind of questions, people will just look up the stuff find it answer the question simple as that.
At least they'll be learning then!

dastal

Banned
Reaction score
if there answers suggest AFCness or Oneitis
Youre implying that all of the bible is written in stone. Its not. There is more than one answer to many questions. And we were all AFCs in the beginning. The test wont tell us anything new.