Enticing first date options?

D97

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always find it hard to make a suggestion for a first date sound exciting, when the usual places to go and things to do consist of:

- The Cinema: Most traditional, but also most overused first date. There's no little communication other than going to and from the film. They are likely to go all the time.

- Bowling: An action date. Good. However, difficult in that a 2 player game doesn't last very long (and they may question that, since bowling games are usually played with a large group of people).

- A Drink: Very vague. Coffee isn't really worth travelling all the way into the centre of town. Alcohol requires it being at night, and again, they may feel uncomfortable if its the first date.

- Dinner. Just, no.

I don't exactly live in a city, but there are all the usual facilities and leisure activities in my town. The problem is it's hard to make the same old "cinema" and "food afterwards" process sound attractive. If I can't even get excited about it, why should they?

A better date would be something that's fun - something they'll remember - something they don't do every other week.

Ideas?

dcfball

Don Juan
Reaction score
one of my favorites is miniature golfing. outside of that i cant think of much else either

Shot Callin

Don Juan
Reaction score
First thing, get the Google toolbar.

Second do a search for "action dates" within the current site (this one)

you will find this: 17 Dates

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by D97

- A Drink: Very vague. Coffee isn't really worth travelling all the way into the centre of town. Alcohol requires it being at night, and again, they may feel uncomfortable if its the first date.

What's wrong with a coffee date? The coffee date is the most comfortable first date as said by women I know. When I overhear a woman being attracted to a guy, she goes along the line of "I wish we get together for coffee."

Of course, it depends on the type of women. Do what you enjoy doing. There is no fun in going to a date if you don't like the activity involved.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shot Callin
First thing, get the Google toolbar.

Second do a search for "action dates" within the current site (this one)

you will find this: 17 Dates
Those were good ideas for subsequent dates but for first dates they are very AFC. I say this because it is what a creative "nice guy" would do on a first date. He is just trying to impress her with what he can do rather than who he is personally. Plus, think of the cost of how much these things cost. That's a lot of money and time wasted if there isn't a connection.

First dates should be used as a means to get to know a person and for you to decide whether or not she merits your attention. This is why short, interactive dates are a good start. The idea of bowling and miniature golf are good ideas, others include:

- unique coffee shops
- comedy clubs
- skating
- cycling
- volunteer to help a local animal shelter for a couple of hours
- take a complementary introductory dance class (Latin, swing, ballroom)

The thing to remember is that it is only the first date and the focus shouldn't be on what you do but rather to find out if she is someone you would like to get to know.

Kraken

Don Juan
Reaction score
A dinner + comedy show followed by a nice dessert place would make for a fairly enjoyable first date.

Remember, it's how you appeal to her and vise versa that reflects the successfulness of the date, not where you went, which is why the movie/dinner date is used so often as a first date and is still very successful.

pdw

Reaction score
Ice skating is always fun. And if she doesn't know how you get too teach her;)

I personaly have done many coffee dates and think action dates like skating, bowling, etc are better and more fun. I was on a date that wasn't going so well. We had lunch and it just didn't have that spark you feel. We went to an art museum nd found some crayons, markers, funny hats, all kinds of stuff. It sounds a little immature but it really lightened up the atmosphere and we had a great time. Just do something unique.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You putting to much emphasis on this first date.

If she likes you she will do anything - why TRY and make it intising for her? Your just acting like an AFC.

You do what YOU want to do.

You want to go get a beer - then do it.

Coffee (which is a big no-no for me - I never take girls out on coffee dates)

Read the bible dude.

If and when, she shows you that she worth the extra effort - and only when she is worthy - you can go as crazy as you want - but in the begining you keep it simple - and you do things that you like to do.

Remember, you are showing her who you are. So you want to show her what kind of things you like to do, and if she digs you and the person you are, she's going to want to hang out with you.

My favorite thing to do on a first date is play pool. Not in a crappy bar though - in a nice pool hall. You can have fun, make fun bets with the girl, have some ****tails and there's lots of opportunity to check out her body, how she looks and get in some great Kino action.

Now go get her.