Email macking

mrblue

Reaction score
So I just broke up with my GF and there is this awesome girl at work that I started emailing with. We were work friends, though we never hung out and saw each other socially maybe once or twice in the past 3 years of working together. We work for a big company and she is in a different building.

Anyways, I email her to see how she is doing. She writes back and asks how I am and how my gf is (she knows I had a gf). I write back that I just broke up with my gf. She writes back that she just broke up with her bf. Anyways, I figure nothing ventured nothing gained and decide to see if she wanted to try this restaurant with me. She writes back and says great, lets do it and when I wanted to go. I think awesome and write her this morning that we should do it next tuesday or wed. I write her at like 8 in the morning and she still hasn't responded. The past few emails she always responded in about 3 hours. I know she was at work today cause my boy sits close to her.

So what gives? Should I write her tomorrow and see if she saw my email?

Thanks a lot

dav22

Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl not replying to an email within 3 hours shouldn't be setting off alarm bells, hopefully it just means she has a life. Wait it out and see, don't start making follow up emails until at least a few days after cause that's gonna make you seem a bit desperate :p

Edit: Just read she was at work. Either way still wait it out, at worst it could just be a test to see how needy you are.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrblue said:
So I just broke up with my GF and there is this awesome girl at work that I started emailing with. We were work friends, though we never hung out and saw each other socially maybe once or twice in the past 3 years of working together. We work for a big company and she is in a different building.

Anyways, I email her to see how she is doing. She writes back and asks how I am and how my gf is (she knows I had a gf). I write back that I just broke up with my gf. She writes back that she just broke up with her bf. Anyways, I figure nothing ventured nothing gained and decide to see if she wanted to try this restaurant with me. She writes back and says great, lets do it and when I wanted to go. I think awesome and write her this morning that we should do it next tuesday or wed. I write her at like 8 in the morning and she still hasn't responded. The past few emails she always responded in about 3 hours. I know she was at work today cause my boy sits close to her.

So what gives? Should I write her tomorrow and see if she saw my email?

Thanks a lot
Might be planning a bit too far in advance? I'd call her in two days and ask her if she still wants to go (without acknowleding the unaswered e-mail)