Dr. Ruth has passed away

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard of her. Reading the link, I gather she became a sex guru in the 1980s when she was +54yrs old. I fail to understand why anyone in his right mind would follow a +54yrs old twice divorced woman who isn't even physically attractive for advice about sex.
I guess this must be one of those 'only in America' things. :rolleyes:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old bastard that I am, I remember her well. IIRC, she used to advocate for a lot of communication with your partner, that seemed to be her main theme. You know, ask your partner what she likes, that sort of thing.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard of her. Reading the link, I gather she became a sex guru in the 1980s when she was +54yrs old. I fail to understand why anyone in his right mind would follow a +54yrs old twice divorced woman who isn't even physically attractive for advice about sex.
You fail to understand ...

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
IIRC, she used to advocate for a lot of communication with your partner, that seemed to be her main theme. You know, ask your partner what she likes, that sort of thing.
Given that we live in an era where way too many of us have mistaken expressing ourselves like Dale Harding
, we could all benefit from a resuscitation of clear communication. If not a Taber to shout "Would you cut the bullsh-t and get to the point?", a new Dr Ruth will suffice

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given that we live in an era where way too many of us have mistaken expressing ourselves like Dale Harding
Wow, Cuckoo's Nest, there's a movie you don't hear much about anymore.
The other thing I remember about Dr. Ruth, she used to say that sex was good, it was healthy to have sex, you should have more sex.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, Cuckoo's Nest, there's a movie you don't hear much about anymore
There's a lot of first-rate movies which we only hear whispers of now, on account of a miniscule yet highly vocal and indomitable sliver of society deeming them either "Problematic", or(On the other end of the sociopolitical continuum) "Blue Pill". While I enjoyed a few of the early MCU flicks, barely* any Hollywood film made from '16-today boasts writing this memorable

*Once Upon A Time In Hollywood perhaps being the lone exception

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember her
I forgot that she was even alive until I saw this post. I had seen her in some media a few times as a teenager in the 1990s/early 2000s. Even then, I thought it was odd that an old lady was talking about sex so freely.

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was blunt and very matter of fact about sex. In those times it was taboo to talk about it. Funny to hear this grandma looking old lady talk about stuff people were doing anyway.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot that she was even alive until I saw this post. I had seen her in some media a few times as a teenager in the 1990s/early 2000s. Even then, I thought it was odd that an old lady was talking about sex so freely.
I wonder how many lives she ruined? Lol

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She was the sweet, old lady bringing degeneracy, and ruining what was left of America

Think about it. There were millions of people they could have given her platform, but they chose an old lady.

They chose an old lady because it would be more palatable.

The slippery slope is real...

We went from this old b1tch saying controversial things in the 90s to letting trannies compete in women's sports.

Hindsight is a b1tch, I tell ya. I'm a millennial that had a front row seat.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Once Upon A Time In Hollywood perhaps being the lone exception
I love Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Best movie I've seen in the last 10 years or so.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The slippery slope is real...
We went from this old b1tch saying controversial things in the 90s to letting trannies compete in women's sports.
I don't remember her as being that degenerate, but your point is definitely valid.