Don't Troll

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't troll. Trolling is misdirection. It is basically disagreeing. You take something they say and act confused, or confuse them with something you say. This will NEVER lead to rapport. In most cases it will ruin it.

Trolling is negativity. When you bring negativity to the world, it begins to respond in turn. Even a funny troll is still a troll. Girls don't want to **** trolls, at least not if they can do any better. Of course it is a little alpha to disagree, but it is completely counter-productive. Trolling is no more alpha than suicide, because it is driving the interaction to a dead end much the same way.

In reverse, when you are positive you inspire the same. Positivity is interactive, people will open up and share. Negativity leads to feelings of isolation.

Aim to be interesting, not entertaining. Relate your humanity, open yourself up and you will experience the same.

Either that or get ready for the long road ahead of you to learn how to relate to people on their terms. Hot hint: Most people know less about that then you, the person studying it, do.

jericg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how you said, "Aim to be interesting, not entertaining." I've always aimed to be entertaining(I've learned to sing, draw, play basketball, and dance, all at an avid level) yet I don't connect well with people. In truth I feel like an anti-social "jester/fool" sometimes. I'd watch the people around me talking to each other, with me not having anything to say. It seems I do not know how to open up so i can be "interesting".

ladiesman217

Don Juan
Reaction score
jericg said:
I like how you said, "Aim to be interesting, not entertaining." I've always aimed to be entertaining(I've learned to sing, draw, play basketball, and dance, all at an avid level) yet I don't connect well with people. In truth I feel like an anti-social "jester/fool" sometimes. I'd watch the people around me talking to each other, with me not having anything to say. It seems I do not know how to open up so i can be "interesting".
Interesting you say that, i've always been the entertainer and I've always been able to connect with people.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ladiesman217 said:
Interesting you say that, i've always been the entertainer and I've always been able to connect with people.
I agree with this, everyone knows me as the funny guy and most people love me

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
I agree with this, everyone knows me as the funny guy and most people love me
If you're just funny and not interesting, then you're only wanted in certain social situations. If I would be having a conversation with someone completely mundane, I'd probably be laughing of them, not with them.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
If you're just funny and not interesting, then you're only wanted in certain social situations. If I would be having a conversation with someone completely mundane, I'd probably be laughing of them, not with them.
I completely fail to see the distinction

I've never heard something that was both boring and funny at the same time

if someone tells me a story about mundane day of their life #976 unless something interesting happened that completely contradicted the "mundane" in the sentence (their life got flip turned upside down and they took a minute to tell me how they became the prince of bel-air or the fire nation attacked or they discovered that their girlfriend was leaving them for a pre-op MtF tranny) I would neither care nor laugh.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH, I would probably inject the humor INTO a boring story, but it wouldn't be "I was getting milk for the house, when I went into the milk aisle and I didn't see the milk so I..." that would get the laughs, it would be me interrupting with "OOH! I KNOW! then you got hit by a bus! don't you just hate it when that happens?"

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
I completely fail to see the distinction

I've never heard something that was both boring and funny at the same time

if someone tells me a story about mundane day of their life #976 unless something interesting happened that completely contradicted the "mundane" in the sentence (their life got flip turned upside down and they took a minute to tell me how they became the prince of bel-air or the fire nation attacked or they discovered that their girlfriend was leaving them for a pre-op MtF tranny) I would neither care nor laugh.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH, I would probably inject the humor INTO a boring story, but it wouldn't be "I was getting milk for the house, when I went into the milk aisle and I didn't see the milk so I..." that would get the laughs, it would be me interrupting with "OOH! I KNOW! then you got hit by a bus! don't you just hate it when that happens?"
I'm saying that I and most other people wouldn't be able to connect with that person because he is only funny, whereas he lacks a genuine personality and life experiences. Therefore, I would not want to hang out with him on the reg, because he'd just get tiring and I'd have no emotional bond with him.

Cretz

Reaction score
Girls see me as that funny kid in the good clothes that gives good advice......that last good advice part is pre destination for friend zone though :/

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont fool yourself into thinking that the good advice is the problem. It's rather what you omit in favor of giving advice.

BeDour

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cretz said:
Please explain further
Stay funny, keep the good clothes, and continue giving good advice...but not JUST that. You have to add some game. Flirt, be interesting, be confident, don't be beta. The last thing you want to be in a girls mind is the cute, funny, well dressed guy she can always call on for advice about her latest ******* boyfriend.