Don't be "too funny"

ozzfest

Don Juan
Reaction score
it is, from my experience, possible to be too funny w/ women...and this is NOt a good thing. Let me explain and see what you guys think.

Now lately I see this happening to me. I crack jokes or make women laugh and its almost detrimental to me getting some. Within the last few days even I have been told on 3 occasions "you are so funny" or "you are cracking me up" or "you are hysterical"....well on the surface I thought that was a good thing, but now I'm beginning to wonder. Bottom line is I'm not getting any nor do I think I will in the future with these women.

With 1 of these women a mutual friend of ours actually confronted her and me and said we make a nice couple and we should be dating each other...her answer to this woman was "i don't want to ruin our friendship".

In another circumstance the woman has said she thinks I am both attractive and funny...yet all she does is drool over this other guy. Actually has sex dreams about him. And let me tell ya this guy has never said a funny word in his life.

I think although being funny and making women laugh is nice its not gonna get you l@id. When a girl sees you as being the funny guy or the clown it doesn't provoke feelings of intimacy. You aren't making the women feel sexual. Whereas like I said this other guy I know is somehow getting that reaction from them just with his look or his vibe. He is not making them laugh but is somehow connecting with them on a more sexual level. I see this with guys like Fred Durst. The guy isn't funny and is by no means an Adonis...but he lands chicks. and you hear this line all the time...."theres something about him" ..I've heard that line from numerous women about different men. Theres a certain mood or vibe they give off thats totally sexual and makes women think of them sexually.

am I way off base?

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C&F

Well the DJ Bible says C&F, so you're F without C. That is, not ****y. I think it's talking about teasing sort of funny and being a little mean. Maybe dry humor. Seems like girls like macho macho macho like it was candy or something.

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
When girls say, "oooh, you're too funny", that can be a good or bad thing. It depends on what else you're doing.

If you're "too funny" and you're the nice, accomodating, laid back kind of guy with AFC type behavior (afraid to disagree or tease the girl, afraid of showing you like her in a sexual way), then yeah, it's not going to get the job done.

But you can still be "too funny" if you turn up the kino, EC, C&F and let the women know that you're not a passive guy just "hoping" the girl likes you.

Being funny is always a net positive to get girls. But you need other qualities to get them attracted to you.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C+F is good. Funny by itself can be a form of supplication. "Please validate me by laughing at my joke...please..." Not money.

Seeph

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to be funny in a more teasing way, not stand up comedian way cuz then they will just use you for laughs.. you gotta let them know that your interested in them for more than their laughs. C+F man, just be more ****y while joking with them.. ****y - not conceited.

zimzum

Don Juan
Reaction score
the idea i NOT TO BE A CLOWN... You've got to make people laugh with you... for example ...try playing jokes on someone else... yeahh... a joke about how someone is dressing , or something like that...i don't like to say it but GIRLS LOVE GUYS THAT HUMILLIATE OTHER PEOPLE... don't overdo it... it has to be just a joke... remember

DJZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see this with guys like Fred Durst. The guy isn't funny and is by no means an Adonis...but he lands chicks. and you hear this line all the time...."theres something about him" ..
First you must understand that any actor/singer/famous person can get hot girls. That "something about" them that girls automatically find attractive is status and money. Those are the two most important things to American girls. If you have those 2 qualities, then you don't need good looks. So comparing yourself to the looks of a moviestar, or a famous musician is not what you need to be doing.

Second, I know a few guys around here that apparently have the look that girls are after. One of them looks like Nick Lachey, and I've gone to clubs with him and watched girls stare at him. He is very laid back, and basically a quite guy, but the girls still love him. He doesn't use any C+F or try to be funny at all. He just holds regular conversations with girls. The other guy is a bartender and he always takes home the hottest chicks. I think he gets laid at least 3 times a week by a different girl each time. He has game though, and he uses it. I watched him talk to this girl at another bar that we went to. He started talking to her and one of her friends. One of the girls gave him a dirty look and he looked at her and said "what you gonna look at me like that for, a**hole?" then cracked a ****y smile and started talking to her friend. The girl started appologizing over and over until he started giving her attention again.

So yeah, I think you should throw in some ****iness and your funniness won't be simply a form of entertainment to these girls.

Hendon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just throw some confidence in dude, when they start saying shyt like "we're best friends" or "i have sex dreams about that guy", just throw it off with a confident, "i couldn't care less becase i've got more options" comment or two. It's probably another one of those tests they throw at you to check how stable you are and not insecure.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is such a basic question, but it needs to be asked.

Are you asking these girls for #s and dates?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm really funny, but that alone won't get you girls. You still have to ask them out and the such. If you're not asking for numbers and taking the girls out and the such BIG SURPRISE you're not doing well.

Keep in mind that there are different ways of attracting women. There is no possible way for a guy like me to attract girls the way a guy like Nick Lachey, or whoever you mentioned, does. We are completely different people. The way I can attract girls is by being funny and confident. Not self-depricating humor. Just being witty. Being fun.

I like what was mentioned about teasing a girl. Last night I got a HB 9's number. When I started putting it in my phone I told her "I already have one Sarah in my phone. You'll have to be Sarah #2." She starting teasing, "I don't know. I don't know if I want you calling me if I'm not Sarah #1." I told her to get over it and I got the number.

showtime17

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i too am really funny, whenever i am with girls they're always laughing, i am always teasing them, but i still dont get any. i think the problem is that you have to take it to the next level, dont keep it only at that but you have to get physical, show her that u want to fukk..i dont know how to do that..u gotta go for it, otherwise you'll always just stay the funny chump..hopefully i am gonna take my own advice and take it to the next level with chicks now

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there are 2 angles here.

1) There needs to be some attraction from the start. Maybe just isnt attracted to you. Some guy being funny isnt gonna wet her panties if she doesnt already consider him a potential.

2) The type of humor matters. Go C+F all the way. Self deprocating humor should be minimized and only used to show that you're not up yourself (for some girls only).

Self deprocating humor should only be used sparingly to prove yourself to be down-to-earth person. If you're a goodlooking guy, and do the C+F thing alot (in relation to your looks and whatever), SOME girls start to suspect that you're up yourself.

So throw in a self-deprocating line just to keep your ego in check. (Ofcourse it depends on the girl too, some love hardcore C+F, some may feel that it shows arrogance, you just gotta read her carefully. I have a hunch that the more 'sophisticated' girls are quicker to assume that you're arrogant, and these are the ones who respond to the self-deprocating equaliser, it shows depth of humor and modesty, both very attractive traits). Too much of this can indirectly display weakness on your behalf. But like everything else, its not WHAT you do, but HOW you do it.

I suspect that maybe you're doing too much of this type of humor and not enough C+F. Or perhaps your demeanor or body language shows weakness.

Just my .02

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic. I see many guys who treat the girl like a friend and are basically funny around them, making them laugh, and they hang out with these guys. Case in point is the girl that I'm pursuing right now. There are some guys in the office who are pretty funny, but they have GFs, and the most I've seen them do with this girl is talk with her and hang out with her. She still just likes to talk with them, and that seems to be the extent of it.

I can't help but think that there is some usefulness in this, but at the same time, it can get you in the LJBF zone if you overdo it. I don't talk to this girl that much, and when I do, I am generally not always being funny. I keep it in check sometimes so that I'm not "ON" every second, which I think isn't always good either. Problem is that generally everyone likes someone who makes them laugh, so that's a very useful ability. I can be pretty funny around the right girls. Some girls are just b*tchy and don't have very good senses of humor. The hotter girls generally don't, but this is a gross overgeneralization.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive found through a few bad experiences that being funny for the sake of just being funny can come back to bite you in the ass. just make sure you keep your dignity when you're trying to get a laugh if ya know what i mean. RESPECT is way more important than a few laughs.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think being extremely funny is even a big issue with women. Alot of my friends with GF's are so-so funny

the point here is don't be BORING. Be FUN. you dont necessarily have to be Funny. I also have a friend who is extremely funny, and never gets laid.

I mean in the end, everyone likes to laugh and feel good, both guys and girls. But I think with women its more important to be c0cky than funny.

I have recently started the whole "accuse the girl of secretly wanting you" technique and it has been working well. They blush, they laugh, with minimal effort. Try it. Next time you meet a girl, just act like every girl in the world wants you, especially the girl in question. For some reeason, this type of humor is funny for women and they bite.

cheers! and good luck!

KevM2

Don Juan
Reaction score
IF you're too funny, she'll think you're a clown. Just as if you're too mean, she'll really think you're an ******* and won't want to be with you... just as if you're too nice, she'll think you're a muffin. Do things with moderation.

moose10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KevM2
IF you're too funny, she'll think you're a clown. Just as if you're too mean, she'll really think you're an ******* and won't want to be with you... just as if you're too nice, she'll think you're a muffin. Do things with moderation.
It is perfectly okay to be a funny out going person but if you're always like that, not only you will make yourself look cheap, they will probably see you as big dork. Women likes guy who cracks up smart joke. Some guys just know how to make women laugh without trying too hard or make ass out of himself.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

I've pulled the majority of the women I've been out with, with my sense of humor. However I'm not cracking jokes or being a clown 24/7, I let them know I have a serious side and can talk about serious things too. If you are cracking jokes and 'acting a fool' 24/7 then they won't see you as serious dating material. Trust me on this one. On the flip side you can also be 'too cool' and turn women off to. But charm and sense have humor have been my weapons all my life. I've seen women in clubs who look sad or those who look bored or defensive and I've changed their whole night by loosening them up with humor and character but I made sure I didn't pour it on to the point were they wanted to get away from me either. Just know where to draw the line.

FRIDAY NIGHT: after dancing with a humoring two girls who were trying to dodge a bunch of guys 'getting up on them' I left to go to another side of the club. 20 minutes later the girls come over to the other side "OMG there you are we've been looking all over for you...get us away from those dorks "

Girl #1 Whispers to me "so what do you think about Kim? She's digging you..."
Me: "she has a BF though so I'm not even going to bother with that"
Her: "so, he treats her bad...she's feeling you big time"
Me: just shrugged my shoulder
Her: "I'll tell you what..here's my number, call me sometimes and we'll all hang out again...or maybe just you and I can do something"

MONEY!