Does anyone know what this means?

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant "no idea", not "know idea."
Duh. I feel like an idiot now. :D

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you gay? I'm not sure how we can help you. If not, you want askmen.com. Lots of horny guys there who can help you with "what it means".

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sardaukar
Are you gay? I'm not sure how we can help you. If not, you want askmen.com. Lots of horny guys there who can help you with "what it means".
No, sorry. I should have been more clear. I'm not gay, I'm a girl.

Beethoven

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Elfynne,

I've no idea what it 'means', but I tried to think of when I would make that expression:

I'd make it when I thought the girl had something that she was trying to hide, but wasn't hiding it very well. I could see right through it to the REAL reason she was thinking in her head. I'd be smiling cause I'd feel superior, and amused cause her attempt to disguise something she's embarrassed to show was so poor.

Maybe you see this look when you're trying to impress the guy with something you're saying, and he can tell that you're tryinging hard to impress him?

Hmm... Hope these last two paragraphs were comprehensible!

Oh, and you can click 'Edit' below your post to change embarrassing mis-spellings too, instead of posting again and making it worse. ;)

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beethoven
Hi Elfynne,

I've no idea what it 'means', but I tried to think of when I would make that expression:

I'd make it when I thought the girl had something that she was trying to hide, but wasn't hiding it very well. I could see right through it to the REAL reason she was thinking in her head. I'd be smiling cause I'd feel superior, and amused cause her attempt to disguise something she's embarrassed to show was so poor.

Maybe you see this look when you're trying to impress the guy with something you're saying, and he can tell that you're tryinging hard to impress him?

Hmm... Hope these last two paragraphs were comprehensible!

Oh, and you can click 'Edit' below your post to change embarrassing mis-spellings too, instead of posting again and making it worse. ;)
Thanks Beethoven,

That sounds like a reasonable interpretation, but I'm not so sure if that is applicable in my case. Some of my professors give me that look when I try to discuss class material with them, or when I ask them a question. And sometimes when guys give me that look I just get this strange feeling like they think I'm weird in a "cute" sort of way...sometimes they make me feel like a little girl because they have this "indulgent" attitude...I don't know what else to call it. Guys have always treated me strangely and it's as puzzling as hell.

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they think you're cute. Which is a good thing. You just earned marks that'll bump you from a HB5 to a HB7.

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most likely in my oninion when they're doing that it would be.

They are amused in a ****ey sort of way, dosn't nessasarily men they don't like u.

They are amused that u may like them if u make it obvious. This could be very likely.

They could find u cute and attractive and are amused by that.

Hope that helps.

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by #1 P.I.M.P.
Most likely in my oninion when they're doing that it would be.

They are amused in a ****ey sort of way, dosn't nessasarily men they don't like u.

They are amused that u may like them if u make it obvious. This could be very likely.

They could find u cute and attractive and are amused by that.

Hope that helps.
Maybe. But I don't know why they would think I like them. Most of these guys I was not attracted to. But maybe I felt a kind of respect for them, especially in my professors' case, and I often get nervous around figures of authority. Especially if they are male.

Why should a guy think it is funny if a girl seems attracted to them? I would think most guys would find it repulsive.

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why should a guy think it is funny if a girl seems attracted to them? I would think most guys would find it repulsive.
Jesus, a female AFC! I would recommend that you look for female PUA and DJ websites, but most of those are only b1tch factories.

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sardaukar
Jesus, a female AFC! I would recommend that you look for female PUA and DJ websites, but most of those are only b1tch factories.
Sardaukar,

What is an AFC and a PUA?

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure I know how to interpret this behavior, so I thought someone here might know.

What does it mean when you are talking to a guy and he gets this amused look on his face? Like some sly little half-smile, and "laughing" eyes? Does it mean they think you are funny, and they are trying not to laugh at you?

I've gotten this from a lot of guys in the past, and I have know idea what they mean by it. Sometimes I get the idea that they find me funny, although I can't imagine why. I often get this look from older guys and professors.

So what's your story Elfynne? You always ask all these random questions. Tell us what your situation is.

Tear down the wall, let us in.

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ever onward
So what's your story Elfynne? You always ask all these random questions. Tell us what your situation is.

Tear down the wall, let us in.
I'm sorry if my questions bother anyone. I didn't think they would.

With my situation, I'm not sure what to say, except for what I have said before: I was much slower to mature than my female peers, so I was rather unpopular in middle and high school. So I sort of grew up with a "nerd" mentality.

You remember that scene from "Shallow Hal", in which Hal describes to his best friend how his girlfriend is so lovely and yet so nice? Do you remember his friend's response? He theorized that since she was so nice, that she must have been one of those girls who didn't get pretty until after she got out of high school, which kept her with a humble attitude. So I suppose the situation is similar in my case. I pretty much had the Ugly Duckling or late bloomer syndrome.

I also find it weird because many people have told me I'm pretty (guys included), but yet most guys seem to want to stay away from me. I don't know if I give off bad vibes or what. I know I'm not ugly, but maybe I just don't look good enough for them...I don't know. After all, couldn't we all use some improvement?

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey you don't bother anyone, not me anyways, I was just curious about you. You know, making friends and all.

Elfynne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ever onward
Hey you don't bother anyone, not me anyways, I was just curious about you. You know, making friends and all.
Thanks. Maybe you could explain to me what an "AFC" is? Or a PUA?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Elfynne

Probably you strive to much to make a point(especially about yourself) and if your height is short and your voice sounds like a baby you may be seen as "cute", don't you think?

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a coy flirtatious smile to me.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the kind of smile I will give when I'm projecting sexual state with humour... That is when I'm not in 100% RAW sexual predator mode. It's me projecting that i'd like to **** you hard now and want to see your reaction too it.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe you could explain to me what an "AFC" is? Or a PUA?
An AFC is an Average Frustated Chump. It just means your average guy who is clueless about women. A submissive wussy-man if you will. PUA that stands for Pick Up Artist, need I say more?

It sounds like they are attracted to you. They may or may not want to hook up with you but they are definetly attracted.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, take into consideration to the fact that facial expressions are supposed to a person's clear way of conveying a message. It's one of the things a person can easily control to relay an idea. So if it looks like they think you're funny, then they probably do.