Does a person's weight fluctuate during the day or is my scale broken?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning I weighed myself and I was sitting at 180 lbs. That's pretty fuct cause last night I weighed myself and I was sitting at 184 lbs. Do I actually burn 4 lbs during the night, or should I throw that damn scale in the trash?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck me a 4lb turd. Bet it took ages to flush.
LOL! I couldn't help thinking the same thing when i wrote this post. Can't help but wonder if 5hit, piss and any food intake make that happen. Perhaps it was last night's BJ. I'm surprised she didn't choke.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's normal, i also weigh 4lbs less in the morning, than in the night. unfortunately my weigh is around 135, not 180:D

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well in summer you lose that at night thegouh sweat. If its not hot i do not think you will lose that much, but you may do, especialy as you are heavier then me so 4lb is a small % of your weight.

When cycling for example, on a long ride with out drinking enough, in the summer, i have lost 5lb or so because of sweating, even thou i drank 2 liters of water and ate a sandwhich and 2 bannana, maybe even more!

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check mate, did you see that thing on telly last night about the 50 year old doing the RAAM?

They put him on a turbo trainer in a climate simulator and he was losing like 2 litres an hour.

When cycling you tend not to notice it because of the wind eveaporating it.

I've noticed lots of things effect weight. Carbs combine with water in the muscles, salty foods take up water, when bulking you can have a fair old weight in your guts.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
Check mate, did you see that thing on telly last night about the 50 year old doing the RAAM?

They put him on a turbo trainer in a climate simulator and he was losing like 2 litres an hour.

When cycling you tend not to notice it because of the wind eveaporating it.

I've noticed lots of things effect weight. Carbs combine with water in the muscles, salty foods take up water, when bulking you can have a fair old weight in your guts.
yeah you can loose so much fluid through sweating, even in winter you can.

i was doing an hour of interval training on my bike over a distance of 17km offroad and even in this cool temperture i was sweating so much you could actuly see vapour rising from my shoulders like the vapour you see when you breath out when its cold because it condenses, well i had vapour ocmming up from my shoulders.

incase you where wondering, no i dont compete, but yes i am training to do so, thats why i do 45km-90km each sunday (soon to be 90km always) skill training on saturday on heavy offraod to get used to riding more techniql terain then i ussalt ride, and 4 days a week of interval training (each session is aobut 1 hour and i do 17-22km)

so yeah im pretty serious with it

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I used to be a competitive triathlete, spent a lot of time in the saddle, no road racer though, as you know tri's are p1ss poor, although nowadays they allow drafting so handling skills have probably improved. Brave down hills though:p

I thought that thing last night was a bit unfair on that old guy, I said to this girl friend I was watching it with, there was no way he was going to improve that much in 2 months. He could sing though:D

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Level of hydration...

Why do a 1 hour interval? how about 2x20m w/ 2 minute recovery between each effort at your Functional Threshold? Much easier mentally...

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Before I started lifting, I would play a lot of Dance Dance Revolution. Once I played for like six hours or so nonstop and ended up losing like eight pounds. For the only time in my life I actually had muscle failure in my legs, cause I practically collapsed at the end.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Road Demon
Level of hydration...

Why do a 1 hour interval? how about 2x20m w/ 2 minute recovery between each effort at your Functional Threshold? Much easier mentally...
haha no i dont do 1 hour intervals, the whole point of interval training is to go at speeds you can not keep up for long, I did 1 hour of interval training, intervals ranging from about 3-8 minutes at high speeds often sprinting.