Do you think OLD first serves up a man a bunch of hotties to get him excited, but then follows up with the zoo of beasts?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my favorite YouTube authors made this comment, and although my OLD time is only an occasional "hunt & peck", I think I have noticed this trend.

jamesfromhouston

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they show you the most popular profiles first, I don't think it's a bait & switch.

That's every dating app, and why wouldn't they do that? If they want you to stay on the app they'll show you the people that get swiped on the most, first.
Concur. I've been on OLD for years now. These platforms show the most popular profiles first. Popularity being determined by the amount of matches and swipes. Which also means that every profile has an attraction score that their algorithms determine. When you start out new, you won't be as visible or seen as much by others until the amount of matches you get goes up. So if you're considered "attractive", eventually over time, you will see an increase in the amount of matches you get. This also means don't be discouraged when you first start out with a fresh profile, give it time but make sure your profile is on point to begin with!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait until you’re in my age range (57). The vast majority of women 50+ on OLD have fought Father Time and lost by TKO in terms of looks and weight. The few that haven’t are even more entitled.
I always wondered if that wasn't how it works out. I'll simply buy it if I have to.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating app owners have a business plan, which does not involve hooking you up with a match.