Do you have your own tribe? Being the Leader

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I find this post fascinating because it resonates with my personal real-life experiences.

I have seen colleagues get higher grades and become top performers in their workgroups. As a result, they received more attention from women, and the effect snowballed as they started attracting women from outside the workplace as well. Men also, bring em more respect.

Being the head or leader of something puts you in a position of authority, even if you don't possess the inherent qualities of a leader
Conversely, you can gain the qualities of leadership without necessarily being the head of an organization. While we can debate which is better, we know that being at the head of a tribe, commanding other people to do things, and seeing those people adore you for it, creates a significant halo effect. People think you have something special.
I may have expressed this in a somewhat "rude" way, but it is deeply rooted in our primitive subconscious, especially when it comes to war. We have an innate need to trust a leader

What specific actions or behaviors in your real life are actually giving you the halo effect and being considered a leader by others?
Do you have a tribe or are you at the top someone would follow?

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I find this post fascinating because it resonates with my personal real-life experiences.

I have seen colleagues get higher grades and become top performers in their workgroups. As a result, they received more attention from women, and the effect snowballed as they started attracting women from outside the workplace as well. Men also, bring em more respect.

Being the head or leader of something puts you in a position of authority, even if you don't possess the inherent qualities of a leader
Conversely, you can gain the qualities of leadership without necessarily being the head of an organization. While we can debate which is better, we know that being at the head of a tribe, commanding other people to do things, and seeing those people adore you for it, creates a significant halo effect. People think you have something special.
I may have expressed this in a somewhat "rude" way, but it is deeply rooted in our primitive subconscious, especially when it comes to war. We have an innate need to trust a leader

What specific actions or behaviors in your real life are actually giving you the halo effect and being considered a leader by others?
Do you have a tribe or are you at the top someone would follow?

Probably planning Group activities as a sort of first date. I think this is a good strategy for some girls because it makes them a lot more comfortable being around you, it's an act that's respectable and gain their trust. Plus you'd gain some cool acquintances and potential friends along the way.

' Hey, I'm going to Top Golf this weekend....why don't you bring your friends along and I'll bring my friends along and we can have a small party going on."

I think that's a great way to not only create a cool social circle for yourself but have a small party going on for you once in a while. Also that act makes you look like you took initiative and makes you look like one of the dudes who set the party up and gives you props in their eyes.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate groups. Prefer to work alone.
Common mentality that men have these days.

Next they'll try to lock down a (pretty ) woman and run to the hills with her."juuuuuust the two of us". No friends, no social circle and no tribe. Next they wonder why they're women will cheat on them and leave them. Because no decent woman will sign up for this long term.

Strength comes in numbers. Imo this contributes heavily to the loneliness epidemic. Men are too sensitive and are willing to ditch each other and try to do everything alone.

No greatness will ne achieved by doing it all alone. Men need men to stand stronger.

Another part of this me me me mentality is that an occupied woman means nothing to such men. Because they have no friends they also have no loyalty to other people. But there are always two sides to the coin..

I'd reconsider living by this mantra.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Common mentality that men have these days.

Next they'll try to lock down a (pretty ) woman and run to the hills with her."juuuuuust the two of us". No friends, no social circle and no tribe. Next they wonder why they're women will cheat on them and leave them. Because no decent woman will sign up for this long term.

Strength comes in numbers. Imo this contributes heavily to the loneliness epidemic. Men are too sensitive and are willing to ditch each other and try to do everything alone.

No greatness will ne achieved by doing it all alone. Men need men to stand stronger.

Another part of this me me me mentality is that an occupied woman means nothing to such men. Because they have no friends they also have no loyalty to other people. But there are always two sides to the coin..

I'd reconsider living by this mantra.
I don't see it as that binary. Just because I prefer my own company doesn't mean I don't interact or collaborate. Any arrangement that gives a positive outcome to one or more parties is a favorable one. Self-interest benefits all when people act honestly.

The danger with groups is that they suck time and resources for less benefit than a man can often achieve on his own. And they arrange into hierarchies and members become institutionalized, so that the group serves itself (or its leader), not its members.

Also I don't frame this based on what a woman wants. That's not a factor and not a problem.

No man is an island, it's true. But IME numbers dilute strength.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Heavy D said it best...

"There's always a meaning in a Heavy D statement...
In this life I strive for improvement,
Be your own guide, follow your own movement...

Don't clock anybody, let them all clock you...
Don't be down with anybody, let 'em all be down with you...
Stay self-managed, self-kept, self-taught...
Be your own man, don't be borrowed, don't be bought..."

And he could out dance your ass too weighing 300+ lbs.

Last edited: