Do you believe lifting heavy removes sex drive?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not talking about overtraining, my diet is satisfactory and my push/pull routine 4 days a week made me the strongest I've ever been even more than my late 20s.
I reached performances that I couldnt even dream about in my 20s in terms of strenght, intensity and endurance.

However I notice that my sex drive is not as high as it should be, I've never been one of those super horny guys..a couple of of times per night have always been enough.
But now it really takes a hot girl to turn me on and no stress involved, thinking about girls I banged in past and at those conditions makes me question my previous choices.

Anyone can relate?
Btw morning wood is fine so erotic dreams at night and early morning.

Could be high levels of cortisol and prolactine post workout that dont decrease due to tight traning schedule? mon+tues then thu+fri

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh*t no, lifting heavy should be increasing your sex drive. IMO the biggest reason testosterone levels have decreased on average is that men aren't working as hard physically (in one way or another) any more. Lifting heavy can only help.

Do some squats or deadlifts.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No not necessarily. Lifting heavy on a regular base might just tire you out and set your priorities straight. You are simply focusing on your goals more and as a result you take emphasis off of fantasizing about women. I think it's better this way. You get more done in life when you're not distracted.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call it overtraining or not, that's exactly what it sounds like. This is something that tends to occur when the body needs a break.

Heavy lifting should be done in cycles, not on a continual basis. The CNS burns out eventually.

A surefire way is to check your pulse before getting out of bed in the AM...if it's 8 BPM or more higher than normal your body is in a state of overtraining whether you think it is or not.

nikkisixx

Banned
Reaction score
shouldnt thats fatigue if it does.

Milano

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not talking about overtraining, my diet is satisfactory and my push/pull routine 4 days a week made me the strongest I've ever been even more than my late 20s.
I reached performances that I couldnt even dream about in my 20s in terms of strenght, intensity and endurance.

However I notice that my sex drive is not as high as it should be, I've never been one of those super horny guys..a couple of of times per night have always been enough.
But now it really takes a hot girl to turn me on and no stress involved, thinking about girls I banged in past and at those conditions makes me question my previous choices.

Anyone can relate?
Btw morning wood is fine so erotic dreams at night and early morning.

Could be high levels of cortisol and prolactine post workout that dont decrease due to tight traning schedule? mon+tues then thu+fri
Im exactly the same. I try to not masturbate to compensate and it seems to work a little but I am afraid that too many years of depression and high levels of cortisol has made me older than I really am or put my testosterone on a low level. I seem to recall that when my body fat is low I was more horny but I feel weaker when lifting.

We should check testo levels for the heck of it

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually yeah it does. there was a study that came out on that just today.