Do women reject guys whom they perceive to be "overqualified?"

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, could think that you only want them for sex.

A few weeks ago on the John Walsh show there was a women who had been obese. She lost the weight via liposuction. Now, guys talk to her, but she's in denial about it- she doesn't really believe they would want her.

Reaction score
Obviously a low self-esteem issue!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is well known by psychologist. Dr. Maxwell Maltz, a plastic surgeon, studied this thoroughly since the 60's. His book Psycho-Cybernetics noted how some people who had changed their looks for what seemed the better, did not change their perception of themselves.

In a nutshell, you personal self talk speaks volumes over the physical image. Many people have programmed themselves to believe less of them self. When they come across someone who they feel is in another league, one which they can not contend, will usually move along and settle for someone who doesn't invoke the insecurities that they have of them self.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
When they come across someone who they feel is in another league, one which they can not contend, will usually move along and settle for someone who doesn't invoke the insecurities that they have of them self.
Yep

Plus if you do actually get in a relationship with one of these girls they always feel somehow your better than them and they can get a bit insecure, not like asking where you are everynight but you know the deal.

Amog

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are overqualified, she will wonder "why does he want me when he can totaly have someone way better?"

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amog, that works with alot of HB's that have major self esteem issues. Especially the types who are very good looking and need constant praise and attention.

Once they are interested in you, and you begin to like them, they begin losing interest asking "If this guy is so great, why does he like me? Obviously he isnt as great as I thought"

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ManOMan
Once they are interested in you, and you begin to like them, they begin losing interest asking "If this guy is so great, why does he like me? Obviously he isnt as great as I thought" [/B]
Been there with my last LTR. Biach did a total 180 the instant I let my facade down.
Of course, this attitude does nothing to the exaggerated sense of entitlement.

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, they do. It has happened to me before and I didn't realize it until later. (It
is easy at that point to think there's something inadequate about yourself!) It
could be low self-esteem on her part,
but it may also be a realistic assessment
of hers. She knows you are dazzled by her beauty but she realizes that your alot 'smarter' or something than her and that eventually she couldn't measure up.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is where the "getting the girl flowers" part comes in.. I'm not advocating you to go out and BUY affection for her. but you have to show her that you're thinking of her and you like her on a bonding level. When a girl feels that you love her - she feels secure and will anticipate being in your presence.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
this is where the "getting the girl flowers" part comes in.. I'm not advocating you to go out and BUY affection for her. but you have to show her that you're thinking of her and you like her on a bonding level. When a girl feels that you love her - she feels secure and will anticipate being in your presence.
Call me a lazy SOB, but rather than going through all of that I'd just date a woman that has her act together. After thinking about it, I would be more receptive of doing that if she did have her act together. I would definitely appreciate her more if she could hold her own.

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
They do...

And instead of going to bed with you, and getting sent home in the morning,

The can easily choose a guy who will not have the guts or will to send her away...

It is natural, people don't want to be used..

And if she thinks you are overqualified, it is of high probability that she will feel used, or even worse, heart broken...

Because unlike many think, it is not easy for a girl to eject when she feels something, especially after having sex with you..

She will feel a lot, as you are overqualified, something she thinks she cannot get.

Cannot get = attraction.

Ian19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by static
Also, could think that you only want them for sex.

A few weeks ago on the John Walsh show there was a women who had been obese. She lost the weight via liposuction. Now, guys talk to her, but she's in denial about it- she doesn't really believe they would want her.
This is kind of interesting because I can totally relate to this woman. I know I'm not a chick but I experienced something similar. WhenI was young (up until I was about 13 or 14) I was overweight and apparently really ugly as a result. Girls did not like me at all and made it clear. When I got to high school I had grown out of my "babt fat" and lost the extra weight I had gained from eating too much. Girls started paying attention to me and would ask my friends to help them hook up with me. I never could really accept that they would be interested in me. Still to this day I have problems accepting it.