do ppl marry/date out of their race b/c they can;t find someone of thier own race

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do u think ppl generally date or even marry someone from another race/culture is b/c they can;t find someone from their own culture.My dad is telling me this. lets say chinese guy can;t find chinese girl so he marries a korean or white girl and they only reason the white girl marry him is b/c he has a good job, well paid and owns a penthouse suite house. other than that she would marry a white guy, but she can;t find a whtie guy b/c her age is getting close to 40's and shes kind of thick on the side. she has less choice and marries and settles down with the chinese guy.

well me and my dad(we are chinese) where talking about mix marriage and dating and how one of our male chinese cousin(dan-age 37) and his wife Julie(italain-age 37) who got married like 2 years ago. his reasoning for it was that since when dan was younger he was fooling and playing around and going out with white girls , and didn;t commit/ he wanted to find a chinese girl but was just fooling around and playing around. he should have found one and commit to one.

he also said how he heard from an uncle that Julie his wife was a divroced. and how generally italains generally marry italian. "why would he marry a chinese person for" well its b/c shes divroce and less guys want to marry a divroce woman. if she can find an italian guy she would-of the same calibre-education , job wise...etc ,but she can't so she settles for dan. dans family is good too b/c his family owned 2 houses (2 storeys high), and he has a good well paying job. (julie has a good well pay job too)and how that at her age she just had to commit and settle down. she just married him because she had to settle down, and he wasn;t a bad catchjob wise.

he also said how that dan would have preferred to date a chiense girl, but can;t find one, and same with his sister who married a whtie guy , but she can;t find one so they settle for white since they have to settle down

well this is what my dad is telling me. i love to hear your thoughts on it

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people marry who they feel a connection with and race doesn't necessary play a role in that connection unless the person had a specific racial preference they decided would be the only type of person they'd date.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a mix of all of it. Some people go for connection, some have a racial preference and some date other races because no one else wants them. It may sound harsh, but that's the way it is sometimes. Where I'm from there are white women dating mexicans because no one else wants them (they have actually told me this mind you). Human interaction/behavior is too diverse to group into cut-and-dry categories.

Anyway, this thread's probably going to get locked now because discussing race is illegal in America anymore (or some bleeding-heart with get offended), but it was fun while it lasted.