Do I REALLY have anything to be afraid?(Approaching women related)

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Mike, I just recently turned 15 a few monthes ago and I'm a freshmen in Highschool. I want to know, should I really be afraid to approach cute, good looking women? You see, when I see a good looking girl and I know I want to talk to her, I end up passing up the deal.

These are mostly the things I'm afraid of when approaching women:
1) If she's in a higher grade, like say she's a sophomore or a junior, I'm afraid she won't talk to me because she will think I'm to young or she'll think its dumb that a guy like me thinks they have a chance with a girl like her.

2) Secondly, I'm just not a good conversationlist. During the Washington D.C trip last year, there was this good looking girl in my grade, came up to me randomly and asked
Girl : Hey, Mike, what do you think of the trip so far? Having fun?
Me(In a low, nervous tone) It's been pretty good I guess, I think it's pretty cool checking out all the historical monuments and stuff.
Girl(Really fast, rushing like tone) : Oh, well, that's cool. See you later, hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

This girl was clearly NOT interested in what I had to say. I'm like this with other girls too, they might ask me something, I'll reply and then, they'll seem uninterested in what I have.

However, this same girl has talked a few other times in the hallway this year [However, she's always by herself], but I'm convinced that she just pitys me, because I pass her several times in the hallway every day between classes and she acts like I'm not even there.

3) I'm afraid that despite the fact that I'm a nice guy, I take showers every morning and I dress well, that girls just won't find me interesting enough.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Hi, I'm Mike, I just recently turned 15 a few monthes ago and I'm a freshmen in Highschool. I want to know, should I really be afraid to approach cute, good looking women? You see, when I see a good looking girl and I know I want to talk to her, I end up passing up the deal.

These are mostly the things I'm afraid of when approaching women:
1) If she's in a higher grade, like say she's a sophomore or a junior, I'm afraid she won't talk to me because she will think I'm to young or she'll think its dumb that a guy like me thinks they have a chance with a girl like her.

2) Secondly, I'm just not a good conversationlist. During the Washington D.C trip last year, there was this good looking girl in my grade, came up to me randomly and asked
Girl : Hey, Mike, what do you think of the trip so far? Having fun?
Me(In a low, nervous tone) It's been pretty good I guess, I think it's pretty cool checking out all the historical monuments and stuff.
Girl(Really fast, rushing like tone) : Oh, well, that's cool. See you later, hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

This girl was clearly NOT interested in what I had to say. I'm like this with other girls too, they might ask me something, I'll reply and then, they'll seem uninterested in what I have.

However, this same girl has talked a few other times in the hallway this year [However, she's always by herself], but I'm convinced that she just pitys me, because I pass her several times in the hallway every day between classes and she acts like I'm not even there.

3) I'm afraid that despite the fact that I'm a nice guy, I take showers every morning and I dress well, that girls just won't find me interesting enough.
1. Age is just a number, build up your confidence and youll be good to go

2. Confidence. When people talk to you listen carefully and talk about things they mentioned.

3. Do something to make your life more interesting. Get hobbies, read books, go to parties, just do something. Have a fun personality and it should be ok.

Think positive and be confident and read the bible.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Do I REALLY have anything to be afraid?(Approaching women related)

Originally posted by oakraiderz2
1. Age is just a number, build up your confidence and youll be good to go
I don't want to rain on his parade, but I'm a Freshman as well. In my experience, there are no guys with older girls. It is bad to be seen with a Freshman guy. The only Freshman with a older chick (who happens to be my best friend...and a total "I love you" AC (he's not frustrated) go figure) is going out with a unpopular girl. Not saying it won't happen, but don't worry too much about girls older than you.

Maybe when you're a Junior or Sophomore you can get older chicks. Don't worry about it now.

Also, you got to practice doing it. When you practice it, you can come up with wittier stuff everytime. Go through the DJ Boot Camp.

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are a freshman, you are starting at the bottom going up. tell everyone you have a big-girl fetish.