Do Cold Approaches REALLY work?

J-Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys....we all talk about it and we all sweat about it ....but how effective is it really(cold approaches)....whats has your success ratio been and how many actually turned into dates or even girlfriends...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten to the place where I don't keep track of how many women I approach or whether it was successful (#close) or not. I feel that DJs just approach, approach, approach because it is who they are.

As for whether it was successful or not shouldn't be measured on whether you get a kiss or a telephone number either. Is getting a successful #close from a HB2 really being successful???

For me I will approach anyone who seems interesting. After talking for a bit I can tell whether or not she is worth continued interactions. If she is interesting I close by getting her number or setting up a get together. If she doesn't float my boat, I just go on my merry way.

Is one situation successful and the other not? I feel that they were both successful. I approached someone, got to know her a little and was able to determine whether this was someone I wanted to see again. I'm not kicking myself for not approaching nor do I kick myself because I found out that I wasn't interested in her. Either way I walk away feeling good, it was a success.

Adjust your focus from closing to one of approaching. If you think about it, the major problem that RAFCs have is not feeling comfortable approaching, not closing. They never get to the closing part. :p If you approach women on a regular basis, it will become so natural that you will find yourself getting #close at the grocery store, the gas station or where ever.

Just yesterday I got a #close from a woman I spoke with for less than 2 minutes after real estate class. She offered her name, that she worked part time near the school, that she had free time and that she hoped that she would work get a chance to work in the same real estate office.

All I had done was asked her what she thought of the class as we shared an elevator to the parking lot!!! Since she was open and receptive I handed her my notebook and a pen and told her to give me her name and number so that we could get together and compare notes. She did without blinking an eye. Understand that I did not approach her to get her number or a date, I was just being friendly.

You will never have any success if you never make the effort to be successful. Make being a DJ your lifestyle and not just a bunch of tactics to score with women. You don't see breathing as an effort of inhaling and exhaling, you just do it because it is second nature. Being a successful DJ is the same thing, it is just done, second nature without effort or trepidation.

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls want you two! Trust me

That's right! I agree; they are to be approached and approached. That, to me, is an excellent statement.

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean exactly by cold approach... walking straight up to chicks who are obviously busy is a bad strategy. But, making conversations with chicks you see every day by going about your everyday routine (rather than just saying nothing and ignoring them) works just fine once you develop your style.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the odds of it turning out well are very small. However you can do it as often as you like :)

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
I think the odds of it turning out well are very small. However you can do it as often as you like :)
You THINK the odds is small but you never tried it. Why don't you give it a shot? :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
I can honestly say that every one of my approaches have turned out well. I have never been slapped, bitten, maced nor kneed in the cojones by any woman I approached. :p

What is there to be afraid of?

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I can honestly say that every one of my approaches have turned out well. I have never been slapped, bitten, maced nor kneed in the cojones by any woman I approached. :p

What is there to be afraid of?
Amen.

Anyway, anytime you overcome your fears and approach, it's a success.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Don Corleon

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man girls dig the chase. even if you don't pull it off, they have to at least respect you for having the balls to try something like it.