DJ Techniques in Europe

ActAsIf

Reaction score
What's up all? I am gunna be studying abroad the next 5 weeks in Europe and most definitely will be hittin the scene and hopin to meet some lovely local ladies. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on differences in methods between the U.S. and Europe. I am sure the basics (Eye Contact, Smilin, etc..) are the same, but I am thinkin' more along the lines of conversation and the like and how I will be perceived since I am an American.

In case your wondering, specifically I will be spending in two weeks in the U.K. - mainly Manchester and a weekend in London, and then off to week in Prague (Czech Republic), a week in Barcelona and Madrid, and a week Southern France and Paris before headign back to Manchester for the final week.

Thanks for anyone who can give me some tips for mackin' with European women...

Actin' as if...

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
In England you can spew any bull**** aslong as you exagerate your American accent.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not coming to the Netherlands and I don't know about any of the other european countries but dutch girls would be very interested in you since you are an american. At the same time I have to warn you that many people think of americans as loudmouth patriots that think they are superior just because they are american. I'm not saying you are or anyone else for that matter. It is just a prejudice. I am just saying.. you might wanna be just a little modest..

Don Juan
Reaction score
Barcelona!!! i was there 2 weeks ago and its a belter city, brilliant!!

head for the clubs at the port at the bottom of las ramblas you'll have a great time,

i got some girl from malaga no problem at all and some other girl from poland which was a bit more difficult but hey there ya go,

i was only there 3 nights

manchester you should have no problem either, the north of england ermmmm you'll find girls much more willing if u get me;)
especially if ur from america just use it to ur advantage

madrid ive been there pretty much the same as barcelona

oh and another thing haha watch out for the prostitutes in barca their terrible lol

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check curvas will suck you just cause you're american... no worries there

Reaction score
Manchester, I live here at the moment :) What do you need to know. Don't listen to all the southern knobs from London and beyond telling you about this part of the country by the way.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the thread 'DJing in England'.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found the 'act American' advice pretty amusing. I have what you might call a pretty all-Ameican accent, with a hint of 'SoCal lazy' in it, and though most Euros thought I was a Japanese tourist, they later adjusted their views afterwards, treating me like an American. What was interesting was that afterwards, many of them admitted to me that 'they could tell I was American or a "Westernized Asian" ' because of the way I dressed, and especially because of my body language (****y, outgoing, not usually timid).

So all in all, that advice is on par. Just be yourselves - that is the chill and relaxed American - but also be respectful of the currenty political climate. In other words, also don't be the Obnoxious American Ass-hole.