DJ Boot Camp - Week #5

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellow Boot Campers,

Guys, we've come a looong way. In the beginning we worked on initiating and maintaining eye contact, greeting strangers, and starting up conversations with hot girls. Then we put our ego and fear on the line, and went for 10 rejections! Now it's time to go to the next step...

Purpose of this lesson: During this fifth week in the DJ Boot Camp, our goal is to work on our abilities to close the girls on the phone, and set up a first date, as well as to gain knowledge on what to do and what not to do during first dates.

Reading Material

Pimpology 101: The Conversation - Part V by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000663.html

All right, you've got the phone number, waited a few days, and you're ready to make the phone call. Now, what the heck do you do? Just read this post!

Pimpology 101: Setting up the first date by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000685.html

Another step-by-step procedure for calling up the chick and setting up the first date.

1st Phone Call Question -What's Your Technique initiated by Don the Legend http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011231.html

DJs and Master DJs share their style for making the first phone call and setting up the first date.

Calling a girl initiated by MysteryWoman http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010580.html

Here's an interesting thread on how soon to call the girl after getting her number. You'll find several different view points, but consensus appears to be 3-7 days.

Who pays on the date.....? Initiated by Keymaster of Goza http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011014.html

Here's another interesting thread. This one deals with a question a lot of guys frequently ask... Who pays on the date?

Flowers on a first date? don't want to resort back to AFC days initiated by FSUSem1nole http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011562.html

Okay, we all pretty much know that you NEVER give flowers or chocolates to girls on first dates. But just in case you have any doubts, read this thread.
First Date Ideas initiated by ClayD http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011415.html

Well, it's agreed that first dates should be either non-formal, such as going to a coffee shop, or "action" such as going ice skating. Here's a discussion on different first date ideas for you to choose from.

Kino makes all the difference by trickynick http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001081.html

Yup, kino DOES make all the difference. This one tool can easily separate you from success and falling into the LJBF zone. However, it is much simpler than some make it out to be. Take a look at this post for some quick ideas, and start using Kino are your dates.

Seduction without Speed by Adonis http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000516.html

You're starting to date the girl, but you are not exactly sure how to operate. Do you show her that you're interested, and that you want her? Or do you treat her like any other person and make her think that maybe you're not that interested. Well, both strategies are correct and incorrect. Your goal either way is to seduce her properly, hence this post.

The crook... by Deagleclaw http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000962.html

Here's a move you can do in the first date that will denote confidence and class, while allowing you to get in some kino and judge your date's interest level!

Best time to kiss while on a 1st (or 2nd) date initiated by Don Juan the Fantastic http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/012749.html

So you're wondering when is the best time to go for a kiss. Well, here some DJs share their experience with the rest of us.

********! by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000209.html

Okay, now that we're starting to go out on dates, we're going to be running into plenty of "********"... you know, that language that chicks use that makes absolutely no sense. Well, here's an easy to use dictionary.

Exercises

Okay fellow recruits, after over a month at this Boot Camp, now we get to start enjoying the fruits of our labor and start dating chicks!

For this week's lesson, we are to...

1) Call up the girls whom we have acquired their phone numbers during lesson #4 and set-up a non-weekend first date. This could be to a coffee shop, or an action date, but definitely not the traditional movie-and-dinner. Take a look at the Reading Material for ideas.

2) Use the skills we have learned up to this point, and those contained within the Reading Material above, to increase the girl's interest level.

3) Go back into the field and get more phone numbers if we have not yet acquired ten phone numbers.

This lesson is to be completed by Sunday, June 9th. So with one and a half weeks, you have just the right amount of time to go get some numbers if you don't have enough (or any), wait 4-7 days to call and set up the date, and to finally go out on some dates.

Upon completion of, or throughout, this exercise, come back and report on one or more of your dates and first phone call conversations.

All right guys, we're half way through with the Boot Camp. You guys who have stuck to it this past month are doing fantastic. Now we get to start enjoy what we've worked hard to establish.

So go out there, and have a blast!!!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you" - Master of the Universe

"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

[This message has been edited by Master of the Universe (edited 05-29-2002).]

lucasilf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of the Universe:
Fellow Boot Campers,

Guys, we've come a looong way. In the beginning we worked on initiating and maintaining eye contact, greeting strangers, and starting up conversations with hot girls. Then we put our ego and fear on the line, and went f

This weeks lesson looks easy enough.

lucasilf

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe, MOTU, realized he needed to go to a girl's house to finish some unfinished business.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh my god this week's lesson will so hard!!NOOOOOO!!!! I can't stand the pressure!!!!!!

indianDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
is the boot camp done in 4 weeks

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This must be one of those "Finish it yourself boot camps".

So "Then we put our ego and fear on the line, and went far. Now what I want you to do for this week is to sleep. Sleep for the whole week so that the knowledge will be recorded in your subconcious."

Men, I like this week! I could use some rest after the last couple of weeks!!

And MOTU, you are calling us campers!! It's obvious you've never played counter strike or your wouldn't be doing it! Great insult!

------------------
"In doing good, avoid notoriety; in doing evil, avoid self-awareness" Duncan Idaho, Mentat (Dune).

"I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world
because they'd never expect it." --Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts"

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy on me guys... LOL... look's like the cut-and-paste didn't like me very much.

Okay, I recopied it, and everything is up and running!!!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you" - Master of the Universe

"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
quick question. for a first date is it cool if i for example chill at her house for like 20 min before i go to work or somthin to that extent. my problem is that i dont drive, i dont bring ppl to my house usally espacaly if my parents are home and i dont want to bring chicks around my friends because they are c0ck blockers from he11 not at least untill i get her intrest up high any ways. suggestions will be appreashated

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

a good offensie is better than than the best defensive

THIAGO BRAZIL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I knew what boot camp is 5 weeks ago I would had joined it right away.

When is next??

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THIAGO, you can start anytime you want.. Just go find the other weeks, and post your results!

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh fvck, sh1t, bytch!!!!

I feel like such a fvckin moron. Fvckin women are driving me crazy!

Okay had a date today from a number I got last week. Had a good convo over lunch suggested we do walk on the pier, it was sunny, we had a good time, had her laughing, kino, rapport, everything, seemed like a green light for the kiss.

Get into the car and seize the oppurtunity to kiss her, she turns her head and give me her cheek, and says

"I think we should be friends."

Then proceeds to give me this bullshyte excuse about just breaking up with her exboyfriend and it being summer and all she just wants to have fun with her friends.

Oh gawd why didn't I see it coming. I must have been blind. I feel like a total jackass, attention wh0re, who just wanted a free lunch. I could analyse what i did wrong to death but fvck it, she ain't worth it.

I feel so hopeless right now, I've lost all my fvckin confidence over this, right back to rock bottom.

[This message has been edited by NormalGuy (edited 05-30-2002).]

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(In a Mr. Burns voice)
NormalGuy, will you ever win.

I had a similar experiece. But I got a nice smooch on the lips, then I when in for another and got the tight lip. The chick acted like she was into me the whole time.

I see this a lot especially on Blind date and sh1t. At least you know her true interest, if you didnt go for it she may have lead you on.

------------------
94' Supra TT 6-speed (weapon of choice in DJ arsenal)

It's not my fault I'm Hispanic, I just got lucky.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NormalGuy, you have other phone numbers right? So who cares if she LJBF'd you? Forget her!

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay... from numbers generated so far... Had one date... went pretty well I thought, but haven't had contact since, so we'll see... Set up a lunch for this Sunday with another girl.

I also got rejection #6 from last week's lesson (I am so behind) today. She was at the mall with her boyfriend, but they were in different stores so I had a go. I'm about 90% sure I would have gotten digits under other circumstances. She was laughing at everything I said.

I need to generate some more numbers over this weekend... which is tough as my car is in the shop so I can't really go out much... but I'll find a way.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NormalGuy:
I feel so hopeless right now, I've lost all my fvckin confidence over this, right back to rock bottom.
B]

This is why it is important to date multiple girls. If you are dating different people simultaneously your ego can never take this big of a hit.

The important thing to realize is that this happens ALL THE TIME and it isn't necessarily you. What she told you might be the truth, she might not be at a stage of her life, or in the mood, for dating anyone now. Or she had a bad day/didn't feel well/ who knows. You may have not done anything wrong at all.

Why did she go out with me, you ask, if she doesn't want to date anyone? Maybe she wanted to get out, the date itself seemed like fun, etc. She may have had it in the back of her mind that she didn't want to date you, but she's atleast see if you would do something to make her change her mind, girls like that whole idea of there being a person she can't help liking no matter how hard she tries, even though it isn't realistic.

Buck up yo, you the man and this girl don't know what she's missin'.

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Who wants to be a DJ when you can be so much more?

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
future marine,

I don't see a problem with you going to their houses, as long as you're able to differentiate the encounter from being just going there to hang out, and having it be understood that your there in a more romantic light. Otherwise, I can see you easily falling into the LJBF zone.

Thiago,

Like MistyC said, it's never too late to get started!

NormalGuy,

Dude, this has happened to ALL DJs at one time or another. You should be very excited that you were able to weed her out before she wasted any more of your time or money!

As for feeling hopeless, you should never give ANY girl so much control over your emotions to the point where she can dictate how you feel, especially not after one date. So go out there, hold your head up high, and get some more numbers!!! You'll laugh about this whole situation down the road!

Master of the Universe

------------------

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

a good offensie is better than than the best defensive

atomsk

Don Juan
Reaction score
so, this is as far as everyone's going. only two dates out of everyone and they both didnt go so well. this is a shame.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry atomsk.. More people will post (hopefully) and there's always MotU who'll tell tall tales of dates turned good or bad!
(and me, eventually, when I catch up! Got my new shoes today btw!!!!!)