Did i **** this up or simply no chance?

DesertsFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well ii just saw a hot chick studying in the hallway. I start talking to her chat her up. DIDNT EVEN GET HER NAME THROUGH the 15 minute discussion. I could tell she is busy so i decide to fish for interest and ask if i should let her get back to her studies and she said something along the lines of yeah i should probably get back to this i dont mean to be rude. Im wondering if i ****ed this up or if there was never a chance.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have walked up to her and said "Hi, I'm DesertsFox." *Hold out hand* She'll say her name and shake your hand. That would make things easier. If you were able to get 15 minutes of convo without her name, she was probably more frustrated that you didn't get her name then she was worried about studying.

DesertsFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude ur right, but the convo was going so well, i didnt wonna derail it with oh by the way what your name, normaly i insta kino but she was in an akward corner, couldnt get near her =(

DJZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I've been talking to you for 15 minutes and you haven't even introduced yourself..."

Think that woulda worked? I dunno, I'm just not learning the c+f.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DesertsFox
dude ur right, but the convo was going so well, i didnt wonna derail it with oh by the way what your name, normaly i insta kino but she was in an akward corner, couldnt get near her =(
You won't derail it by asking for her name. You'll show interest by caring WHO she is. Better luck next time though. :D

cgraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
15 minutes? Bro that's a long time to invest and not even know how you did. Were you wanting to number close? 5 minutes should be more than enough...

Girls who are studying give signals when they want to be approached. You gave virtually no detail, so it's hard to help out, but I'll tell you what I've noticed.

If a girl is working out or studying or doing something where she should be concentrating, but you notice her eyes wandering or she looks up every few minutes, etc, then she's a prime target for an approach!

Openers are important though. Describe the approach. What'd you say, how'd the conversation go, etc. It's hard to judge her IL from the little information given.

DJZ: That would've been a good way to get her name. I usually like letting girls ASK for my name or tell me theirs; it's a good indicator of interest.

CrazyKid: From experience, if you walk up to a girl and say Hi I'm YourName, she'll usually realize it's a pickup. You made it to obvious. It might work for some, but I've found the BEST approaches are casual, spontaneous ones. Where you comment on what's going on or what she's doing. That way she doesn't smell pickup and her bit3h shields don't even come up.

A lot of times if you just walk up to a girl and don't make it seem casual, spontaneous, and spur of the moment, but rather it seems as if you're just trying to get her number, the girl will put up the shields and be like wtf is this guy talking to me?!?!

Just my 2 cents.

Cgraz