did i get shotdown

pokerstud

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if some of the more experienced posters would give me some advice on where I messed up.

I'm a college kid and this is my first shot at asking a girl out. I have decided to become a MAN.

Ok this one works in a tea shop. My first impressions. I had visited the shop a few times in the past but I didn't notice her until recently.
So today, I went up to her and introduced myself. I made good ec and smiled througout the whole convo.

After introduction and some fluff talk:
I: Let's hang out sometime so we can get to know each other better.
Her (big bright smile): Sure
I: I am busy right now and you look like you are too. Why don't I contact you later.
Her: Sure
I: How should I contact you.
Her: Give me your cellphone # (uh oh!)
I: Why don't you give me yours?
Her: I don't have a cellphone.
(should I have just called BS here?)
I: You have email?
Her: Ya. She scribbles her email on a card and hands to me.
I: You want to hangout this Sunday.
Her: I can't. I have to work on Sunday.
I: When are you free? (too desperate?)
Her: I am pretty busy this week.

It looks like I got shot down. So I fluff a little more and leave her.

OK despite all that, I still can't make up my mind. First, her body language told me she was somewhat interested as she seemed happy when I asked her out. Also, it is plausible this chick doesn't have a cellphone and I've caught her working on a weekend evening in the past.

I want to give this chick another chance. But is it obvious that she is not interested, and I should take the hint and back off?

Thanks!

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When are you free.....def started to look to desprate. After taking the email you could have closed then. Would have been better.....

Leave it about 3-4 days and then email her. If she doesnt reply...get the hint. Otherwise go with it. Good luck;)

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Analyzatical Mode.

I: Let's hang out sometime so we can get to know each other better.
Her (big bright smile): Sure
I: I am busy right now and you look like you are too. Why don't I contact you later.
Her: Sure
I: How should I contact you.
Her: Give me your cellphone # (uh oh!)
I: Why don't you give me yours?
Her: I don't have a cellphone.
(should I have just called BS here?)
I: You have email?
Her: Ya. She scribbles her email on a card and hands to me.
I: You want to hangout this Sunday.
Her: I can't. I have to work on Sunday.
I: When are you free? (too desperate?)
Her: I am pretty busy this week.

Everything you said was A Question. Questions arne't bad, but to use them 100% off the time, not good :(

The hanging out part was fine.
"The I'm busy, call later". BAD
"How should I contact you." BAD. Make up a way and force her to play it.
"Why don't you give me yours". BAD. Try "Let's trade numbers"
"You have email". BAD. By this point, you should of ended this conversation.
"Hangout this Sunday". BAD. Although arranging for another date is fine, this conversation is dead and is useless saying this now.
"I: When are you free?". BAD. Self-explainatory.

Shutdown - YES.

Be more forceful, add some comments and end the conversaiton quicker. Don't pose pointless questions, or stupid ones at that.

:(

rascal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say it but it looks like a shutdown.

You just asked her out like the guy she met 5 minutes before you did. There was nothing different about you :(.

when she said she did'nt have a cell phone, you should have busted on her for that ... it's the year 2006, even my dog has a cellphone. Also remember if she actually wanted to hang out she would have said "I work on sunday, but i'm free after x'oclock".

Everything was okay, until you tried to ask her out. you should have ejected once you got the email, then you could have sent her an email and bust her balls for having no cell phone. Oh and never say "how should i contact you?" thats like saying "Can i suck your bf off for you?". (not really but almost as bad :p )

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
kinda shaky. it got worse as you went on. and all questions was bad too. not to judge or anything, lol.

hey, you got an email. thats something. use it. maybe you can comeback from this less-than-stellar pickup. good luck!

ithero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. You should've been more forceful, not "How should I contact you?" and then acting desperate to set a date right there. After she gave you her e-mail, I would've given your phone number (or e-mail), that way you could wait 3-4-5 days and built up some suspense, and if she called you before then you would know she was interested.

Edit: No I don't think you're completely shot down, but I think you did fail a mini-test. Hope is not lost for recovery though if you learn from your mistakes.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you got shot down.

But bicthes like to shot down people before they say yes.

Sometimes not always...I usually ask for there number and go the traditional route,

I don't **** with cold approaches either.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not look at it as shot down but a lesson learned. Dont ask so many questions ladies like to be lead.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen Man!!!

NO REally listen!!!

YOU hooked up yet you ask us how you did insteed of bragging...that is your problem instead of telling in life you ask...

Good job with the hook up hit that **** and bragg how good it was.. that is your pentence....next

next I said...

WHY THE F WAS YOU IN A TEA HOUSE!!!!??? if you just now noticed her???

Yea... you wanted answers...now I want answers.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate, don't listen to these negative ****ing n00bs. We can't tell you if you got shot down or not based on a couple of words at an internet message board. And really it doesn't matter, you grabbed your balls and went for it. That alone seperates you from the rest of the n00b crowd in here. Give it a day or two and hit her up. Only then will you know if you got shotdown or not.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHo you calling noob Wizard of Oz...

Talking about grabbing your balls fess up and call names Master Don!!