Did I do the right thing?

HelpYourself

Banned
Reaction score
I had a friend that's probably f*cked about 10 women and dated at least 50 which sounds pretty good but all of the women I've seen him date or f*ck, nothing has been above a 5.

About him...He's outgoing but not very good looking and kind of emo/goth/comic book nerd. He's the kind of guy that hot women will flirt with but think of him as a "friend" and have no intention of sleeping with him. I went to a club with him one time and he was hiding in the corner wanting to go home.

He met the last girl I dated (who was an 8.5) and you could tell he was jealous and trying really hard to flirt with her then looked her up on myspace (she or I never told him her last name) and tried to move in on her until I confronted him and told him he'd be joining his dead dad in hell if he said another word to her. (You might think I was jealous, but I wasn't. Men would check her out that would pose an actual threat to me and I didn't care at all. This is about learning something new about a friend.)

It'd be one thing if he was good looking/had game/hot women liked him and he was just trying to compete...it would still be wrong because he was a friend and trying to move on on my girl, but when a guy is a goofy mofo like him and he sneaks behind my back because he knows I'd kick his a$$ if he tried anything in person, I'm not a violent person, but I've had some severe thoughts about him. You'd have to see his picture. He's about 5'10'', 130lbs at age 25 and has one of those dorky faces.

Anyway, I know I'm ranting, but did I do the right thing by completely getting him out of my life? We didn't have much in common to begin with...he settles for UGs because he knows hot women don't like him...he likes WoW/Lord of the Rings/Star Wars, etc., but at the same time, it gave me an advantage being out in public with him because it made me and my other friends look hotter by comparison.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You are better off without him. A good friend will never hit on his buddy's girl. I don't care how hot she is. My friend's girl tried to make out with me at a party. I pushed her away. Some things are just not done.

I don't agree that hanging with a nerd will help your status and make you more attractive in comparison. My guess is it would bring you down.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You "datED" her, so what's the problem now?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I don't agree that hanging with a nerd will help your status and make you more attractive in comparison. My guess is it would bring you down.
I don't have an opinion on this but I find it interesting. Do you think this is really the way it works with guys? I know with girls, a hot chick is a hot chick, it doesn't matter who they are with. In fact, some hot chicks prefer to hang around with less good looking girls because that means they usually get all the attention.

Do you think hanging around with goofy male friends would really make you less desireable? Or does it just cut down on the competition?