Dealing with stress...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you guys deal with stress?

If being married has a down part this is it for me. Because, I know me. I know when I can be social and likable and I know when i'm not lol. When I"m not, I tend to stay away from people / withdrawal utnil I can fix whatever issue that is stressing me out.

But when you live with a woman they take everything personally and think that "they" did something wrong or the reason you aren't communicating is because of them. "Well you talk about work stuff all the time why can't you talk about this" is the mantra you get.

I mean I just don't want to drink my problems away for obvious reasons. You can only go to the gym so much and today I am so out of it, it's effecting my gym workouts, real lethargic.

AS far as the actual problem I'm facing,l because I know some smartass will ask, It's something I can handle, not the end of the world, but it's just causing a lot of stress, but it's gonna take a month or so to resolve. I really don't ant to talk about it for the above reasons (Stress)

What are some constructive ways to deal with stressful situtations so that I don't snap on everyone lol?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What specifically are you stressed about? Or is it an agitation toward everything?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gonna make some enchiladas tonight. been having a taste for them for a while now

logicallefty

Reaction score
I agree with eating the right food. For me specific, the healthier I eat the better I feel overall and thus the less stressed I am.

For work I am required to keep my phone on 24x7x365... but now and then I might "accidently" leave it in the truck while going to the gym, taking my daughter to the park, pretty much anything. The mental break I get from not having that damn phone glued to my body for just ONE HOUR is a MAJOR stress relief for me in of itself.

1 Lucky FLIP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good quality sleeps has helped me.

And I make my bed in the morning EVERYDAY. This keeps me from feeling rushed and unorganized

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What works for me:

1. Eat well. A typical day for me is porrage with blue- and raspberries and whey protein in the morning finishing the porrage over the day, whey protein and whatever is for dinner after the gym, four fried eggs and a brussel sprouts + spinach + broccoli soup, and then casein protein before bed. Combined with an omega 3 supplement. Check with your doctor to see if anything is lacking in your blood.

2. Sleep well. This means shut your electronic devices off at least 30 minutes before you go to bed (unless you leave hypnosis on through your computer speakers) and don't go to bed later than 9 hours before you're supposed to wake up.

3. Work out well. I personally feel like a sack of sh!t physically if I don't work out, so at this point for me it's more like something my body needs than something I "have to do".

4. Take walks when you can. Sitting on your ass inside tears you down.

When you do these 4 things I guarantee you the stress will be reduced. If you have a job that doesn't let you do this, well - there's your answer.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always enjoy sitting at the titty bar drinking a little, listening to good music, and staring at naked girls. Lets my mind escape.

goodganji44

Don Juan
Reaction score
Play video games. Typical SS rhetoric will tell you that video games are a waste of time and not productive. But I personally like to enjoy a good video game to get my mind off ****.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take a walk after dark, Cruise on my bike.... no radio on it, or hunt. All 3 involve silence :)

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The gym does it for me.. every time.