Deadpool & Wolverine

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Is used to be that the MCU was a garantee of a good time. Then we had the first Captain Marvel Movie followed by the Woke, the women, the representation, the pandering etc. and basically things started going downhill after Endgame.

Sure, there was still the good movie here and there but it became the exception rather than the rule. Deadpool & Wolverine feels like Marvel saying "Hey guys. We are listening to you. We are trying to make the MCU great again". Its a step in the right direction. Lets see if they can keep it up.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
When LOTR was modified to include a female ranger so it test marketed I knew the jig was up.Galadriel was always supposed to be the only prominent woman in the whole damned thing.

When Star Trek started with fat acceptance, trans and gay characters, and pretty much all female protagonists, the same.

When Star Wars started girl power as well.

Is what it is.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Is used to be that the MCU was a garantee of a good time
That depends entirely upon how we define The MCU. If we're factoring in Spiderman 3, XM: The Final Stand, The Blade Trilogy(Groundbreaking as the first installment was), The Amazing Spiderman flicks, Dark Phoenix, XM:Apocalypse, The Hulk movies, every attempt to adapt The Fantastic 4... Well, the past is often whitewashed

Deadpool had the good fortune to begin outside of Disney's clutches, and before Wokeness really developed a stranglehold over the culture it has now. Star Reynolds is a self-described "ally" though, thus whether or not the series will remain Un-PC remains to be seen

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
When Star Wars started girl power as well
This all goes to a larger, rarely discussed malfunction in our civilization https://theweek.com/articles/595463/how-america-became-obsessed-star-wars-other-childish-things https://johnbrownnotesandessays.blogspot.com/2016/03/no-self-respecting-adult-should-buy.html?m=1

If so many guys today are having a tough time not just with the ladies, but academically and in their careers, this may be at least partially attributable to so many of retreating from the complexities of reality and into infantile, good vs evil fantasies

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I think it has to do with the disturbing trends of young men going trans and cutting off their penises and having franken poosies carved into themselves.

They see the privilege that poozy drivers have and want that kind of acceptance.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I think it has to do with the disturbing trends of young men going trans and cutting off their penises and having franken poosies carved into themselves.

They see the privilege that poozy drivers have and want that kind of acceptance.
I might agree with you, if the difficulties which disproportionately affect the male population didn't predate the fad you're describing by at least two decades. That the very first Spider-Man broke the bank, and that audiences(Especially men)didn't instead retort: "We're not kindergarteners anymore. Don't insult us with crap like this" indicates that things we're starting to go awry. I saw this as someone who enjoyed SM2 quite a lot

Rainrain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

My girl watches Netflix’s dating shows. Most of the men there wear eyeliner, nail polish, and pearl necklaces.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
My girl watches Netflix’s dating shows. Most of the men there wear eyeliner, nail polish, and pearl necklaces.

Odd that we pretend that such fads have never happened prior