Dating Sites

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
My mate recently met his most recent girlfriend online, what I want to know about dating sites is

a)Do They Work?

and

b)How do you go about approaching someone online you may like?

Ive tried online winking(using a system tool) and out of about 60 odd winks Ive only received 2 replies? Should I take this as a sign that this is going to be a waste of time and the majority arent interested in me?

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
a)Do They Work?
No.

The Damned said:
b)How do you go about approaching someone online you may like?
Realize that there are about 1000 other guys approaching her and you shouldn't waste your time with even a cut n paste email.

The Damned said:
Ive tried online winking(using a system tool) and out of about 60 odd winks Ive only received 2 replies? Should I take this as a sign that this is going to be a waste of time and the majority arent interested in me?
Yes.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought so, that was my last resort really tried everything else but to no success, waste of time this whole change thing and not worth the bother.
Life is about luck, if your like me and born without any then your ****ed from day one

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
Thought so, that was my last resort really tried everything else but to no success, waste of time this whole change thing and not worth the bother.
Life is about luck, if your like me and born without any then your ****ed from day one
Same here man. Trust me I know it sucks.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
But... you were born. Meaning, your two unlucky parents met each other and had you, so it is definitely possible. I am coming to terms with the fact that the only reason I exist is because my mom wanted the tall buff italian guy (my real dad) instead of the short red haired irish guy (my stepdad)... strangely enough, they both knew each other in college.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
But... you were born. Meaning, your two unlucky parents met each other and had you, so it is definitely possible. I am coming to terms with the fact that the only reason I exist is because my mom wanted the tall buff italian guy (my real dad) instead of the short red haired irish guy (my stepdad)... strangely enough, they both knew each other in college.

Thats where it gets weirder both my parents were considered very good looking in their youth and had good and successful lives and luck seemed to follow them everywhere, same with most of my modern day family i.e cousins etc Im the only one who has been left well and truly in the ****.

The DomMega

Don Juan
Reaction score
Winks don't work. I've only used them on girls I was only moderately attracted to. As in the real world, women want a guy who's going to initiate a conversation, not stand there and wink at them. People who essentially send winks= no balls. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just being real. You need to learn how to send a first email that will get her attracted. A wink is just, well, a wink and I assure you all the shy guys do that hoping to get results that never happen.

Read their profiles, use what's written to spark a conversation if you're unable to do so naturally. You're not going to get a response every time, but like the real world, not everyone is going to be attracted to you. But I assure you that if you actually send an email of some kind, you stand a far better chance at hooking up then sending some emoticon that tells the girl, "I'm too shy to actually talk to you but hope you'll be interested anyway."

Step your game up chief.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
Thats where it gets weirder both my parents were considered very good looking in their youth and had good and successful lives and luck seemed to follow them everywhere, same with most of my modern day family i.e cousins etc Im the only one who has been left well and truly in the ****.
If both your parents were good looking, its highly unlikely that you are totally ugly. There must be something else affecting you. I think the concept of a dating site is totally wack anyways. It basically allows for girls who are average at best to go "shopping" and try to find the most attractive male who will tolerate their averageness.

In real life, average girls have no chance whatsoever with me, but online they seem to feel like they do.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
There must be something else affecting you.
In reality mate its probably just that im born unlucky, a lot of guys seem to find their partners through fate being in the right place at the right time.
With me that doesnt happen and when it looks like it is going to something always seems to get in the way, I could safely bet my life earnings that Ill be in the same situation next year, I made the same bold bet to myself five years on and thats before the tough time Ive had. Not just in this area, life has **** on me in every possible way, everything Ive worked for thrown back in my face.