Dating a co-worker....

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
I am usually against this, but this is the situation.

I am 31 and just started a new job on the 2nd floor. Downstairs, there about three cute girls in their early 20's. Two of them are part-time and one is full-time.

I am pretty much sick of the bar scene to meet chicks.

One is a HB7 23 year old brunette. I have made small talk with her and she tends to seem a little nervous around me (fidgeting with her hair and clothes) so I take it as a good sign.

What do you think about dating a part-timer who works in a different department is would be out of sight at work for most of the time?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a good idea to date people you work with. I know from experience, but if she's in a different and dating her would affect your job, then it's not a problem. As long as it wouldn't affect your work or your job, it's fine.

Good luck, Bro.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your playing with fire and walking on thin ice....

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't even date interns at my job. (well, not until their intership is over). Women at work are off limits. If you've ever been through a sexual harrasment suit or watched a fellow coworker go through one you will know how little to no evidence can still offset and derail your career and ruin your good name. It's not worth it.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, but ruling out the workplace is just ruling out more opportunities.

I know atleast 5 couples who met at a brokerage firm I worked at and they all got hitched.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem as long as they aren't in your department or can effect your work.

wannabesuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll certainly think twice before asking out a girl at work. Just imagine this - you come to work the next day and your boss comes to your desk and says "Why don't you follow me?" You follow him to a conference room where another manager joins you, and one of them says "So we heard that you asked so-and-so out to dinner...."

And then "it's come to our attention that you're making her uncomfortable, so just give her her space...say "hi"... we want a friendly work-place..." etc.

Even if you're not accused of "sexual harrassment", it can still really, REALLY suck big-time if it doesn't work out.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy Crap! Ruling out work is ruling out more opportunities? WTF is wrong with you? There are girls everywhere. You just need to get the right mindset and grow a pair. Then you'll realize that there are more opportunities than you ever realized.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. I have fvcked plenty of woman through my job. Just be smart about it. Chances are nothing is going to happen to you. Be discreet about it at work. If you play your cards right than this shouldn't be a problem.

Quit overanalyzing every situation. When in doubt do what a man would do? Do you think a man thinks I don't want to lose my job over the this cvnt. Being a man is about taking chances. Take a chance life is too short.