Dancing

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to my first party in a while a few days back. I then realized I'm not that good at dancing. I'm okay at grinding but after that I can't really dance we were having dance off and people breaking dancing were killing me. I was wonder where I can learn to dance better. I want get better at grinding,slow dancing and like breakdaning. What should I do thx for the help

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have the same problem....ive been meaning to find a place for dance lessons....

chicks, espcially the party type really dig good dancers, so better hurry up finding a place to learn.

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I really want to learn how to dance better. cause at first I was really dancing like i was nerous than after a while i started feeling the music and the vibe more and got into dancing better but I want to get better at dancing

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thx for the link. I don't want to breakdance didn't realize what break dancing was. I really want to pop,lock and glide and anything else thats top hot along those lines

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
www.bustamove.com you guys should learn how to dance salsa, cause is one of the best to get chicks

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DDR is not dancing! The only three things its good for are fun, cardio excercise, and learning to hear the beat. None of the "moves" you learn in that game can come in handy on the dance floor =D

Anyways, http://www.bboy.org has a forums section about popping/locking. Another good site is http://www.mrwiggleshiphop.net , there are videos and things but I haven't really looked into it that much. The best place to learn, however, is at either hip-hop dance clubs (clubs as in groups of people, not buildings) where veteran dancers can teach you the basics, or regular old dance studios, where you can learn most of the same moves at a higher price. Both popping and locking are awesome to watch, so best of luck to you in learning a style.

The Golden Leaf

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.bboy.org ahhhh... I used to go there

You can go to a dance-studio... they teach hip-hop.

I've never heard of someone learning to pop-lock. I thought anyone could do it. :confused:

Anyway. If you want to learn, hip-hop is not the best. I recommend tango and the swing.

There a lot more fun and you get better less "sl u ty women"

Don't get me wrong. I love to dance to hip-hop, and I had some tight moves(prior to jumping out a three-story window and compressing two vertbra :( )

If you want to learn, go to a dance studio for some lessons, As long as your not doing ballet your not gonna look gay, there's tons of HOT women who go, Practically NO competition, women like it cause it shows you got guts, women think male dancers are the sexiest, as long as you can resist wearing a pink tutu

Puppetpopper333

Reaction score
dementia is right, if u really want to try popping download soulseek and the videos from the people there will help u with ur moves. they helped my popping a lot...also if u ask some of the users in the room POPPING, they will sometimes give u feedback if u have n-e questions or problems

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would learn pop&lock and/or bboying if you want a good dance to impress people by showing off. HOWEVER being able to dance more sophisticated dances IE: Salsa, Swing, Waltz is a big plus with the ladies.

For bboying:
www.Bboyworld.com
www.Bboy.org
For pop and lock there is either bboy.org or reflexive.net, which is a liquidpop site but much of liquid has pop and lock elements.

Just do whatever appeals to you, and what you think will be the most fun.

DJ Supra

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna learn how to pop/lock .... slide.... and a bunch of other **** i strongly recommend Mr.Wiggles !

www.mrwiggleshiphop.net

I bought 3 of his movies and i practiced them like 30 min. a day and holy **** ! it helps so much you wouldn't even believe it.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to learn to dance too.

I always wanted to learn salsa, swing, and a whole bunch of others although I don't care for club dancing.

EDIT: This is the 48th thousandth post:) this is a moment that i will remember for the next 5 minutes and then forget about:D