Dancing, is it possible to Don Juan without?

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that you won't dance with every girl you meet, but I have a strange hatred towards dancing (started in elementary school, long story). I refuse to dance in any situation and even with a girl I refuse to dance. I don't know if I can dance or not but either way I won't. Would this affect my ability to get girls in anyway?

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends I guess, In a club it works to get the body feeling heet up when slow dancing R&B style making it more sexy, I'm a breakdancer, a streetdancer and I know salsa, and a few others...

but I only use it when I allready know there is a connection, or I just do it for the dancing cause I like it, never to impress (if they get impressed.. well they did right?)

on the other hand I've had succes on many occasions ( no not like quazillion times) without really dancing at all, just starting the conversation using your skillz on a communicative manner ;)

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you go to things like your Senior Prom, you're going to look really bad if you don't dance. Just get out there and do it. Seriously...dancing (even if it's not that good) will raise your "social status" because it shows you're not afraid to get down. Be a Man. Avoid dances when you can but don't be scared to do it. Also, if you keep trying, you'll get better...believe me, I know.:D

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i suck at dancing to, but its easier when a girl back her thing up on you all you have to do is follow her movements, i hate dancing to and i wonder when people will stop watching my everymove in night clubs this alone makes me hate dancing.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
De Angelo

De Angelo wrote something somewhere about the poor saps who stand at the edge of the dancefloor only watching while the DJ's mix it up with the chicks.

My observation is the exact opposite. I have even sent a chick off to dance with an AFC because I really dont like dancing. I have no problem singing, but I hate dancing. The blokes dancing are able to get the girls a bit worked up, but they rarely seem to score, its usually a predator watching from the sidelines who scores.

Dance if you like dancing, but if you dont, then simply dont. YOU are a DJ and YOU know what YOU like. Dont let any chick, or any AFC tell you, "go on, you gotta" what a CROCK.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not good at dancing, i never really danced, only slow danced with girls at discos but that is not really dancing, its just swaying from side to side gently whilst turning around in a cirlce whilst squeezing her arse and i think the only good thing about slow dancing, is, well...squeezing her arse :p

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's best to be congruent in the situation. If I like the music I dance. But when I'm picking up girls. I don't waste my energy dancing that much anymore. Most of the time I get them off the dancefloor. Anyway most girls that are dancing are in party mode. If you start dancing with them, she will respond positive most of the time. However I found that you'll have to entertain them with the dancing, to keep things interesting. I don't like that. So I go for the kiss as soon as possible. So for me dancing is going direct.

I only do it when I'm really in that right vibe, otherwise I just chill at the bar. Belief me enough HB's ordering stuff there and easier to make convo.

So although dancing gives another dimension to picking up, it definitely isn't a must. But I really would recommend a grinding session, it's easy and hot.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
another thing i experienced is that if the ladies are attracted to you theyll hover around you even if youa rnt dancing. i hang around the bar and go to the dance floor once in a while.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more skills you utilize, the more opportunities you will encounter.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing > *

I find dancing a great way to pick up chicks... you just go onto the dancefloor, spot a chick that u want, then go dance next to her for a minute or two, then just move closer to her and start dancing with her... after about 5 minutes of dancing you just pull her, and then just keep on dancing some more.... what i normally do is after i kiss her, i dance for about 5 minutes longer, then take her aside, get her name and number, and tell her that i'm gonna go to mu buddies now.

This is a great way to pick up chicks @ clubs, i once got with 8 different chicks in 1 night in 1 club doing just that. So if you know how to dance, USE it, its a GREAT advantage on the other guys that cant dance and end up just WATCHING you have all the fun;)

And if you CANT dance, then learn, its not hard at all... but like anything else... you need practice in order to become good at it;)

Laterz...

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to add: if you're not dancing then you should be socializing. Sitting there and not doing anything will make you look like a loser.

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...its as though dancing with a bird gives you license.

You dont have to be able to dance to do this. Just move your body in time to the music and move closer to your target.

FFS! It aint Ballroom!

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you hate dancing but you think it is necessary then there is is a simple solution. Avoid all the stupid dancing (which is most of them), you know the dancing moving your arms like an idiot etc and all these modern dancing.

instead, only dance with girls in the slow romantic songs. In these you barely break a sweat you just walk as you hold the girl tight and she has her arms around you.

OLD STYLE SLOW DANCING IS THE REAL DANCING! You would never see legendary men like John Wayne dancing like the idiots in the clubs these days!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it. My room mate doesn't dance either and he still pulls plenty of quality tail. Sure he tries to dance sometimes but preferes to find is prospects at the bar. I think dancing will definately help you in the long run but it's not a deal breaker.