Dancing as a skill

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup fellow dons,

I wanted to make a quick post to promote dancing as a skill that is worth having in your arsenal. I'm primarily talking about freestyle dancing rather than choreographed dancing like you would get in a dance group or see on TV (I've seen a lot of choreo dancers who don't seem to be able to freestyle too well). Within freestyle you've got solo dancing and partner dancing, both are great.

Solo dancing is great because it's expressive and not many guys can do it well. It certainly makes you stand out from the pack. It signals your physical fitness to females and generally they will look at you more on the dance floor. This alone does not guarantee success but it will give you more opportunities.

There are loads of different types of solo dancing to try out: locking, popping, bboying, house, hip hop, krumping, the list goes on. Or do what I do and learn a bit of each :woo: adding more to your arsenal over time.

Partner dance is also really fun and useful. Just a basic level is enough to have an advantage over 95% of guys in a dance floor situation, particularly if you're gaming on Latino girls. It shows a girl that you're strong and confident and can take the lead. If done properly they love it. Salsa is the universal one here so I would recommend that or a variation. Salsa classes are also great places to find single girls.

It's also really fun and expressive to be able to dance, having dance-offs with random people have provided some of the most fun nights out. Dancing is an art form, so if you do not currently have a way of expressing yourself through art (e.g. drawing, singing, playing an instrument) then consider this something that can give you great spiritual well being if you invest a bit of time in it.

With dance classes all over the place and youtube for practicing at home, anyone can learn to rock beats :rockon:

Cyfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you recommend any good youtube vids for a complete newbie?

Senzoi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your first homework assignment is finding music that inspires you to move.

Your second assignment is coming back here with that music style or song and getting some suggestions from either of us.

Good luck.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
Jackson Browne, Floyd Cramer.Rightous Brothers, The Boss A fair amount of difference, I guess. love many more, but probably not for dancing.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gro0ver said:
Sup fellow dons,

I wanted to make a quick post to promote dancing as a skill that is worth having in your arsenal. I'm primarily talking about freestyle dancing rather than choreographed dancing like you would get in a dance group or see on TV (I've seen a lot of choreo dancers who don't seem to be able to freestyle too well). Within freestyle you've got solo dancing and partner dancing, both are great.

Solo dancing is great because it's expressive and not many guys can do it well. It certainly makes you stand out from the pack. It signals your physical fitness to females and generally they will look at you more on the dance floor. This alone does not guarantee success but it will give you more opportunities.

There are loads of different types of solo dancing to try out: locking, popping, bboying, house, hip hop, krumping, the list goes on. Or do what I do and learn a bit of each :woo: adding more to your arsenal over time.

Partner dance is also really fun and useful. Just a basic level is enough to have an advantage over 95% of guys in a dance floor situation, particularly if you're gaming on Latino girls. It shows a girl that you're strong and confident and can take the lead. If done properly they love it. Salsa is the universal one here so I would recommend that or a variation. Salsa classes are also great places to find single girls.

It's also really fun and expressive to be able to dance, having dance-offs with random people have provided some of the most fun nights out. Dancing is an art form, so if you do not currently have a way of expressing yourself through art (e.g. drawing, singing, playing an instrument) then consider this something that can give you great spiritual well being if you invest a bit of time in it.

With dance classes all over the place and youtube for practicing at home, anyone can learn to rock beats :rockon:
Yess it is.

If you have two left feet just keep working on it. The mirror is your friend, sooner or later you'll just "get it". Even if, eventually, all you can do is move a little bit but you're still "dancing", at least you're out there and not on the barstool watching.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do recommend dancing but not hip hop or solo dancing as OP does.

I recommend partner dancing. Salsa, swing, ballroom. Once you learn partner dancing you can pretty much forget about sosuave as meeting girls will become something you will never have trouble with again in fact you will meet TOO MANY girls. There is just way too much temptation way too many girls.

btw I do salsa and it's my highest recommendation of anything I can recommend a guy wanting to get women.

If you want women google salsa classes in your town and sign up for classes PERIOD.

CloudSurfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree. Partner dancing like Latin dances, salsa, swing and even ballroom work like magic on most (typically the "girlie" and very feminine woman enjoy dancing) girls.

To spin the thought of dancing as a skill a little bit further.
Once you get really good at dancing (calculate 3 years of practice
and you shuld also be enthusiastic about).

So if you become a good (partner) dancer you have something to offer,
which only very few man can offer (in North amercia or western eurpean countries).

Like in the market place
Woman have something valuable to "offer": sex,
And Man have a high "demand" for sex. Demand exceeds by far the offer.

As a good partner dancer, you have something valuable to offer.
To dance with you. Enjoy the dancefloor with magic moves.
As a good dancer you let her shine while dancing, that is even strong
than wearing a cute dress for the girl. and she knows that.
And the female demands for partner dancing by far exceeds the offer.
You are in a dream postion. You now make the rules.

To spin the though even further. Once you are in a LTR with a woman,
that enjoys partner dancing (most do), she is more likely to stay with you.
She may find another guy with good looks and game and ambition and an adventourous life, but odds are really bad she will ever find a really good
dancver again if she leaves you.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CloudSurfer said:
I completely agree. Partner dancing like Latin dances, salsa, swing and even ballroom work like magic on most (typically the "girlie" and very feminine woman enjoy dancing) girls.
In partner danging women are taught traditional roles (they are the followers and men are the leaders). So partner dancing sort of reinforces lost values that women once had.

I find women in salsa are overall much better than the average woman because of this. They have more respect for men because in dancing class they are sort of taught to respect men as their leaders on the dance floor.
To spin the thought of dancing as a skill a little bit further.
Once you get really good at dancing (calculate 3 years of practice
and you shuld also be enthusiastic about).

So if you become a good (partner) dancer you have something to offer,
which only very few man can offer (in North amercia or western eurpean countries).

Like in the market place
Woman have something valuable to "offer": sex,
And Man have a high "demand" for sex. Demand exceeds by far the offer.

As a good partner dancer, you have something valuable to offer.
To dance with you. Enjoy the dancefloor with magic moves.
As a good dancer you let her shine while dancing, that is even strong
than wearing a cute dress for the girl. and she knows that.
And the female demands for partner dancing by far exceeds the offer.
You are in a dream postion. You now make the rules.
Very true. It's no secret that good dancers can get women almost like rockstars specially beginner girls. If you are a good dancer a beginner level girl is like bambi waiting to be eaten in the jungle. It is just way too easy to get women once you are a good dancer.

Putting a spell on a beginner level girl with your dancing is something a lot of guys in salsa do. It is expected for good salsa dancers to date multiple hot women because frankly making a woman look good on the dance floor is like putting a spell on her and a good dancer is in high demand/highly attractive.

I got my current gf through salsa (she was a beginner and i "put a spell on her" first time i met her at a salsa club by making her feel like a million bucks on the dance floor) :D

Doesn't matter what your looks are if you dance good and take good care of the girl on the dance floor you can get a hot woman easily. I see ugly guys with hot women in salsa all the time.
To spin the though even further. Once you are in a LTR with a woman,
that enjoys partner dancing (most do), she is more likely to stay with you.
She may find another guy with good looks and game and ambition and an adventourous life, but odds are really bad she will ever find a really good
dancver again if she leaves you.
like the old quote says "couples that dance together stay together." A girl that is serious about dancing will usually always go for the better dancer.

If you are looking to bag some of the hot experienced dancers you will have to work on your dancing first. These type of women usually do not date lesser dancers. Once your dancing reaches a certain level getting hb 8s and above is THE MINIMUM.