Daily Journal.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post #1

This journal is for the purpose of keeping me accountable for achieving my goals and aspirations now that I am finished my undergraduate. I will keep it short and sweet. Simple is the best way to achieve goals. I will post every single day. I want 365 posts by 2018.

My goals:

1. Immediately get a job now that I am done school.
- this is my first goal. It is priority over the other goals. I need to get a job and start making some money and saving some money.

2. Go to the gym every other day.
- I am just getting back into the gym, so I will go every other day, and I am just holding myself accountable for 30 mins of exercise. This is better than nothing. Once the habit kicks in, I will increase the intensity.

3. Start a YouTube channel.
- I want to post 6 quality youtube videos this year on material that is not game/pua related.
- To do so however, is contingent on my getting a job and will require that I start making money so that I can purchase particular tools that will help me create these projects, like mic etc.
- But I can start fleshing out the scripts and what not now, which I will work on in my free time

4. Write 3 short stories and submit them to a contest.
- I will have to finish up the one I am writing now, and then I will write two more.

5. Volunteer as a research assistant for various experimental psychology projects
- This will be good for my resume and will especially be good for my applications in applying for PhD for Cognitive Science in the coming year or two.

Some other habits that I want to pick up:
1. Go outside every single day
2. Talk to 5 new people a day
3. Meditate for 15 minutes a day
4. Take cold showers
5. Always dress nicely

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post #2

Thanks for the support!

It is raining out today and I don't have my car so it will be quite difficult to do some of the things that I was planning to do but that is okay. I will have to adapt.

Also another thing that I have to make habit is to wake up early. Well, earlier. I was thinking of waking up at 9 everyday. That is of course better than waking up at noon. I am going to go buy an alarm clock today so that I can hold my self accountable to this.

Here is my to do list for the day:

1. Spruce up my resume.
- I do not think I have to spruce it up too much, because I did so a couple months ago and nothing has really changed other than my graduating university.
- I also have to go print out 100 resumes.

2. Go to the gym.
- I will be going to the gym later tonight
- I have to remember that I am only required, by myself, to do 30 minutes every other day.
- Everyone has time for 30 minutes.
- I will work out shoulders and arms.

3. I am also going to start on my first YouTube video.
- My videos are going to be pretty dense with information, so I will have to spend quite a while setting up the first video.
- I also have no idea how to edit or anything! So it should take me at the very least 1-2 months to expound my first video.
- But I am determined. It simply takes one step at a time. Do not look at the big picture. Look at the little brush strokes that compose the big picture.

4. I also will work on my short story and do the next little section.

I will be back tonight with a recap.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post #3

So today I went to a career counsellor and had her look over my resume. Apparently it was too verbose and wordy. Thats okay, I will spend the next couple hours revamping it again. I want to keep it under two pages. I am also going to go back to my old job when the boss is in and see if they need some help, or if they have any space open for me to work. I talked to one of the girls that works there and she is going to let me know tomorrow when he will be in.

The career counsellor made a good point today, which is that I should just get a job anywhere I can for now, but volunteer in places that provide me with the environment and experience needed for me to pursue my goals and career. This is because I do not really have any connections or networks in my career of choice right now. I focused way too much on my grades in university so that I could be assured in knowing that I would get into a MA and PhD program. But now that I am out of university, it would be wise for me to start volunteering in various places that would provide me with networks and connections, so that when i do get a MA and a PhD I will have careers lined up. I do not regret focusing on my grades in university and not networking. I am sitting on a 3.92 GPA on a 4.0 scale for my last two years of studying. This is good for applications. But I do have to volunteer. It i necessary. But even more necessary than volunteering is to get a job ASAP because I literally do not have any money at all. I have 50$ to my name. So I wont even be able to commute unless I get a job quick and start making some money. Once that happens then I will be good and busy with working, volunteering, gaming, gyming, creating videos and short stories, etc. But if i do not even have a means of transportation then I am kind of fxcked.

So.

1. Work on my resume.... again. Keep it short, simple and visually effective.

2. Talk to my previous boss and try to get a job at my old work to get some cash flow.

3. Once I am able to pay for transit, I will start volunteering in environments that are pertinent to my career in academia.

4. Clean up my room and my clothes. And rearrange my room.

5. Read for 1 hour tonight.

6. Meditate for 15 minutes.

7. Go for a 30 minute run.

These are my goals/important thoughts for today.

Paul_FR

Don Juan
Reaction score
So well organized with some easily acheivable goals.

Keep it that way, focus on priorities and what will get you up that ladder!

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good achievable goals. It is funny how when we focus on ourselves, there really isn't much time for women...