Critique my online ad

Sanity_Cleaver

Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided to give online dating a spin and i knocked this up last night.

---REMOVED LINK---

I'd appreciate any constructive ideas about what to do better or what to else say. Especially with the personal intro- its too long and i'd like to know what to cut down. I want this thing down pat before i decide to message anyone.

Its been up less than 24 hours and some fat chick who hurt my eyes has sent me a 'woo'- but thats it.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a little tip. Don't post links to your online profile here. A lot of the KBJ on here love to fvck sh!t up for those who do.

Sanity_Cleaver

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm good point Centaurion-

So heres what i wrote. Its on okcupid, which is free and trendy and full of young people with an emphasis on humour and they let you swear as much as you want.

----------------------------------------

MY SELF SUMMARY
Yeah hey how you all doing? Awesome great fantastic.

I'm a 21 year old Sydney guy and right now i'm wondering why this thing says i'm 22. I mean its impossible to be born in 1985 and be 22- so why does it say that? I guess we cant exclude the possibily of human error here, but for now i'm going to go with the theory of 'its being a ****tydumbhoslappingwanker'.

Now a bit about me: I'm a reasonably outgoing sort, i need my quiet time too. I'm fiercely independant and ambitious- and my ambitions always come first. You can get me, but you will never have me. Clingy girls who want to be around me all the time really piss me off. So do ones who constantly need their self esteem validated, as well as anyone excessively materialistic. If you are anything like that dont even bother messaging me, i'll ignore you.

My hobbies are acting, writing, reading, improv comedy, dancing - especially breakdancing, but i havent done that for years- and a couple of fantasy games i never quite grew out of from my high school days. My interests are foreign cultures and countries, any dramatic endeavours, comic theory and anything X-Files-ish, especially cryptoarchaeology- i've been reading up on Crystal Skulls quite a bit lately. I've also in recent times developed an interest science and religion and the growing overlap between them. I believe there is a god and that quantum mechanics can prove it. Blame What The Bleep- best documentary ever.

I consider myself a reasonably confident guy, and i can get anyone to laugh. My humour is definetly my strong point, even if it's become a little jaded over the years. But i like it that way- a touch of bitterness is a touch of humanity, excessive friendliness is only for dumb 18 year olds who get drunk off two Cruisers. I prefer intuition over logic and i can be very impulsive sometimes (JB HiFi knows my paydays i swear). I value spontaniety and in-the-moment moments immensely, even though i dont have enough energy for bursts of energy like i used to as a bubbly 18 year old raver (who got drunk off two Cruisers).

I'm usually the centre of attention in a group and i have enough charisma to keep it that way. Normally i'm very friendly, but i can be arrogant or shy sometimes. Its what being an actor does to you. Everyone wants to know you and goes and does all these things for you, and that can make you a bit arrogant with all the attention and a bit shy because its such a trip out sometimes. I've learnt how to keep a level head though- i'm awfully PR conscious and egotism is about the worst possible thing that could happen to me in my profession.

I'm a pretty happy guy, and the first thing i feel like doing when i wake up each morning is smiling at the ceiling. Theres nothing up there really, its just the way i'm facing when i wake up. I feel like smiling because everything feels like a great adventure, like my life is like a ride i have to strap myself in for. I'm hoping this site gives me someone to share it with.

Without junk mail and all these pop-ups.

Junk mail sucks.

WHAT I AM DOING WITH MY LIFE
I'm an actor. It's easy to get a job as an actor- just walk into a cafe and apply.

I always feel like i'm searching for something. Fame, glory and peace of mind would be the obvious ones, but ultimately i would like to find enlightment or transcendence. Whichever comes first.

I AM REALLY GOOD AT
Acting, writing, improvisation, dancing, partying, graverobbing, howling at the moon, growing hair on the palms of my hands, chasing bones, burying cars, kidnapping pensioners, plotting arsons and eating planets.

FIRST THING PEOPLE NOTICE ABOUT ME
You know i'd love to say my sparkling wit, dashing physique and dangerous good looks, but its probably just my height. I have to duck under the maximum clearnace bars infront of multi-storey carparks.

FAVOURTIE BOOKS, FILMS, MUSIC AND FOOD
BOOKS: I love the works of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman- they craft fantasy worlds so rich and deep with such unique characters you cannot help but be sucked into the worlds they create. That and the crisp clear dialogue, the hint of romance and the blistering action sequences ensure you'll never put one of their books down- ever. Some day i'm going to write a book like that. I also admire Thomas Harris for his dark excursions into the human mind and his ability to raise your heartbeat to breakneck speed (Hannibal Lecter anyone?). And as far as non-fiction books go, the Art of Seduction by Robert Greene is practically my bible- deep down everyone wants to be seduced.

MOVIES: My own!! What any self-respecting actor/writer/director would say! But if i had to choose, Kung Pow would take the cake. At least until i see Borat that is...

MUSIC: Eurodance. No honestly, i listen to Aqua. On a semi-regular basis. I had Doctor Jones pumping while i was typing that 'books' thing. But really i'll listen to anything that sets my fingers clicking and head bopping and my feet wiggling their way off to the dance floor.

FOOD: BBQ Octopus. I love their texture, its like a half-squish, half-crunch. It feels so good popping one of those chilli covered darlings into your mouth.

SIX THINGS I COULD NEVER DO WITHOUT
Peace of mind, Confidence in my abilities, Divine inspiration, Burning passion, A creative outlet, Kinky dress-up sex

I SPEND A LOT OF TIME THINKING ABOUT
Howler Monkeys.

ON A TYPICAL FRIDAY NIGHT I AM
There's no such thing as a typical friday night.

THE MOST PRIVATE THING I AM WILLING TO ADMIT HERE IS
I've rejected more girls than i've slept with.

YOU SHOULD MESSAGE ME IF
you are a girl with beautiful eyes and dangerous curves, who's looking for the stars yet has both feet firmly on the ground- with a warm heart and a solid resolve, who values independance and spontaneity, who wants a tender caress as much as a hard **** and loves a giggle at something intellectual as much as sophisticated conversation. Someone who likes a bit of mystery and can handle a bit of passion.

And you gotta like Howler Monkeys.

edmond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Size matters. It is like a 5 page CV, try and make it smaller, with the eye catching stuff about your self on the top, in order to get the reader interested to read more. Avoid swear words, yes I swear a lot, but not on my CV, keep negative stuff about you to a minimum, because you are such a great guy women should feel lucky just talking to you. Get various friends to read the ad before, so they can give you an idea of what the potential reader will see. Good Luck:up: