Countering neg-hits?

Schizofren

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that if you neg-hit a girl, she will most likely try neg-hit you back later on. So, to pass that test, you have to answer it the right way. So my question is, how do I react when a girl tries a neg hit?

As an example. This happened to me recently:

HER: "Why do you have your hair in a center part? You look like a hippy!"
ME: *mumbling something and ignoring it*

Well... she is right, atm I do look kinda hippyish. Though that´s not the point! What would be a proper reaction to this? Ignoring it did not work.

spax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you should've have jokingly replied..

ME: Oh yeh definetly, me and my buddies live on a farm together growing hemp. I'd invite you over to it some time, but I guess you're too wound up to hang with us hippies. - saying this this with a grin on your face, kinda sarcasticly.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if a girl ever insults me, whether it's in a teasing way or not, I usually just say, "pshh, whatever," and maybe roll my eyes

The Sperminator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think ignoring it is best. People might say to counter it with a neg hit or ****y remark but I've learned not to anymore bc every time I did they would keep on negging me and it would start to annoy me and I was tired of keep on countering it so I just ignore them and it worked.

easylover

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd just give it back to her, or run with it, all in a joking way of course.

ME: "I was actually going for the gay biker look, but hippy is fine, matches your hairy legs"

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My roommate would always do the "mumble something" or try to appease her if she "neg hit" him or made fun of him. I think the goal is to get to a point where "neg hits" from girls don't affect you because of your confidence and options. One time I met a girl who I was introduced to through friends and she said, "I don't like you" for pretty much no reason at all, with a straight face. never met her before. I could have gotten upset or quiet, instead I laughed and joked about first impressions, dont remember exactly what I said. Then she laughed and started smiling.

I used to be the guy that got really pissed at girls if they would "disrespect me". Then I realized that they get a kick out of that kind of response, and now I either laugh amusedly, or am indifferent.

With that said, if you're with a girl for a while sometimes she knows the right things to say to stab you under the ribcage.

Schizofren

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I think my biggest problem will be not leting it get to me.

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
easylover said:
I'd just give it back to her, or run with it, all in a joking way of course.

ME: "I was actually going for the gay biker look, but hippy is fine, matches your hairy legs"
lol...that is pretty much my style ^
i actually have this weird taste for sarcastic girls... in fact i went out with one today and she kept on neg hitting me==
...ignored her some of the time, but sometimes turned it around and made fun of HER... guess it depends on the personality... we got more physical :cool:...and it was more fun that way. she also found out that i'd win most of the time...so her teasing decreased drastically towards the end...which works to your advantage since most of you guys hate it when they do that.

but IMO...whichever way (ignoring vs. repartee) is fine as long as your confidence isn't affected.