Count Thy Blessings

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a look at the newest issue of Time. The title is Happiness. While the magazine devotes approximately 50 pages to the topic of happiness examined from all possible angles (scientific, religious, social, so on), something caught my eye as to be worthy to go into the tips section here.

Basically, try keeping a what's called a 'gratitude journal', where every week you write down everything you are grateful to have, like health, posessions, friends, body, above-average IQ, a nice school, good parents, high-end computer, whatever :D. Or write about positive things that happened to you over the time of the week.

Studies show that subjects who actively wrote in such a diary became quite happier than the control group. The time period was 8 weeks I think.

Anyways, gotta try it :D.

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet everyone who reads that article writes "I'm lucky to be above average" in their gratitude journal.

Hahaha...

PurpleHaze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wiggadude
I bet everyone who reads that article writes "I'm lucky to be above average" in their gratitude journal.

Hahaha...
or......

I'm lucky that I don't live in a 3rd world country

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got that issue and started reading it. It just goes to show how rare happiness in these days of wide spread depression. To have to study a subject like happiness seems strange to me when happiness is suppose to be a natural quality that's comes out of everyperson. I like the other things on that list too

Random acts of kindness - holding the door open for a girl you don't know

Savoring life's joy - waking up and just enjoying the warm sunshine or gentle rain

Learn to Forgive - Let go of that anger you have against someone that wronged you in the past

Taking care of your body - need I say more

I just started reading the article, I'm finding it pretty interesting so far. I'll come back with more comments.

Keep up with your journal, I think it's a good idea

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ponder this:

If you are in your 20's, you have approximately less than 3000 weekends left to live.

What will you do with those 3000 weekends?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, I'll have to give it a try. Lately my life has gone to sh*t but I still have things to be grateful for whether I'll admit it or not.