confused after going out with girl

jrodbendi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this girl through my social circle a few weeks ago and we hit it off and I got her #. Yesterday we went to the Santa Monica Pier and went on the roller coasters. We both had a good time; she was laughing a lot and I was using a lot of kino.

The problem was I put too much pressure on getting a kiss from her, because I feared that if I didn't she would peg me in the dreaded "friends zone." On our way back to my car, I stopped her so that she was facing me, ran my hand through her hair, and tried to see if she was willing to kiss me. She kind of turned her body to the side making it impossible.

As a last ditch effort at that point I remembered Mystery's kiss close, where you say to the girl "would you like to kiss me?" (if she says yes or maybe you kiss her and if she says no you tell her "I didn't say you could; it just looked like there was something on your mind") So I ask her and she says "we can't do that." Flustered I forget to say the second part of the "routine."

What do I make of this? Is it possible that there's still attraction and it was just the wrong place, wrong time, or should I accept the fact that she just wants to be friends and the "we can't do that" was a reference to some other guy in her life?

I feel like noting that she gave me a hug and told me that she had a great time as she was getting out of my car at the end. She is, from what my friends tell me about her, a romantic as well.

Aureliano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she saw you were a bit needy and clingy, maybe she is playing hard to play. Maybe even a mixture of both.

Either way, don't focus on this one single girl. If she didn't want to be your romantical friend, then simply search for a new one.

jrodbendi

Don Juan
Reaction score
sage advice man, thanks

She did IM me last night, which was the first time she ever initiated anything (so I take it as a good sign).

I'll see where this goes, but at the same time I'm not going to put all my marbles on her.