computer question!

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow i managed to install both XP prof and XP home on the same harddrive. everytime i boot up i have to choose which one i want.

i was wondering, how do you delete one of them? i want to delete the xp home edition and just have the xp prof.

thanks!

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why dont u just reformat the whole ****, and reinstall only 1 version of windows on it...

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont want to reformat since i dont have the windows cd. i just want to get rid of the home edition

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Somehow i managed to install both XP prof and XP home on the same harddrive. everytime i boot up i have to choose which one i want.

i was wondering, how do you delete one of them? i want to delete the xp home edition and just have the xp prof.

thanks!
Go to control panel
System
Startup and Recovery

There you can change the time to
display list of OS to zero....I think
that will fix it...set your default prof..

regards

Mike

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to control panel
System
Startup and Recovery

There you can change the time to
display list of OS to zero....I think
that will fix it...set your default prof..
True, but when that happens, most liekly your computer does not have 2 full operating systems on it, only one, but the boot.ini file still refers to the "old" OS (if you've upgraded from home to pro for example). So only one of those 2 will probably work. If you upgraded from home to pro than choosing pro on that list will work fine.