Cold Showers. Benefits?

OrokuSaki

Reaction score
For the last three weeks i've been taking cold showers instead of hot. I started doing this after reading a few different articles that explained the benefits of these showers. Not sure how credible the research is but apparently taking cold showers regularly is known to provide positive results such as healthier skin faster mucle recovery from exercise and even boosts in testosterone. So far i dig it but havent seen many results other than being less sluggish because it really wakes you up. Anyone else hear about this or do it?

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
also known as a scottish shower or james bond shower. Yes I have them every other day, start off really nice and hot then BAM ice cold for a few minutes. The changes are not overly noticeable as they are not overly powerful but yes they are there subtle and all.

Along with the skin it is also supposed to help the hair as well, Increase blood flow as well as muscle recovery. you will see a lot of professional athletes and bodybuilders use an ice bath after a strenuous exercise to aid in recovery.

Personally I have them just because you feel so good after one. A scottish shower, a straight razor shave and some decent cologne with some nice threads and I am good to go

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some research behind it that says that some sort of weight loss can occur by taking cold baths/cold showers.

If you can take it on a daily basis, go for it. For me, I would rather eliminate one unhealthy food per day as that is much easier :)

Driggs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can also put a bucket of water out to get blastingly cold and then bring it into the shower with you and dump it over your head. The russians swear by this and call it body hardening. Maybe they're right. It is said to strengthen the immune system.