Cold approaches do not work.

Galaxy51

Reaction score
2 of my friends tried it this past weekend. They are both very good looking. I think they layed game on about 25 chicks (from the mall, street, etc.) and together they only got 2 numbers. I was watching them from a distance and they were both pretty smooth, but it just didn't work. A HB 9-10 chick is not gonna give her number to some random douchebag that tries to pick her up in a mall or on the street, regardless of looks. That test proved it.

So you guys who say on cold approaches you get the number 45-50% of the time, you're full of sh*t.

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
No one said it was easy. How come you joining in with them?

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
*how come you werent joining in with them?

i need some goddamn sleep!

cyjay201

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, what did they say? Yesterday I approached three girls, and got two numbers. No that doesnt necesarily mean we will ever meet up, but it shouldn't be that hard to get numbers on cold approaches..

Funkopotamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Galaxy51

So you guys who say on cold approaches you get the number 45-50% of the time, you're full of sh*t.
All your "TEST" proved was the fact that your friends had as much game as a GDamn caveman!

You yourself said they where "good looking" SO WHAT!?!!

You can be four foot tall and only have one eye and if you got game.... You will hit at least 40-50%.

Kaparski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cold approaches do not work.

Originally posted by Funkopotamus
All your "TEST" proved was the fact that your friends had as much game as a GDamn caveman!

You yourself said they where "good looking" SO WHAT!?!!

You can be four foot tall and only have one eye and if you got game.... You will hit at least 40-50%.
Hell no.

Hes got a point but I don't think they were smoove that all! I did this a lot in my earlier years and got the big boot many times......it really depends on my mood and the aura u present when you talk to them, remain calm and subtle. I was 4-0 in some places and 1-infinity in others (famous players lol)........too many factors to suggest that just looks can pick up, well unless ur brad pitt than youll have no issue at all. But if you got social proof, get a ex or cousin to 'meet' you in the mall while this experiment is goin on, and your % will increase dramastically. make it look concidental and youll attract them.

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
2 of my friends tried it this past weekend. They are both very good looking. I think they layed game on about 25 chicks (from the mall, street, etc.) and together they only got 2 numbers. I was watching them from a distance and they were both pretty smooth, but it just didn't work. A HB 9-10 chick is not gonna give her number to some random douchebag that tries to pick her up in a mall or on the street, regardless of looks. That test proved it.

It's good that you are getting to the point of trusting your own observations and intuitions from the world through your own experiences.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cold approaches do not work.

Originally posted by Vandermast
It's good that you are getting to the point of trusting your own observations and intuitions from the world through your own experiences.
It's not good when you jump to conclusions and over-generalize. So his two "smooth, good-looking" friends can't get a phone number. That's unfortunate. Their one outing, however, does not represent the world of cold approaching. In this case, I'll just throw a quote out there which we've all heard (and is especially applicable to pick-ups)

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right"

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I wonder what these good looking friends of yours said, because even average looking guys can get more #s then that.

Galaxy51

Reaction score
I think they said "Since I'm such a nice guy I'll let you write your phone number down for me."

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they said "Since I'm such a nice guy I'll let you write your phone number down for me."
Gee, I wonder why that didn't work. :rolleyes:

Maybe next time they can use "You're so hot you melt the plastic in my underwear. What's your number?".

Seriously though, what they did was a sad attempt at using a pickup line. A cold approach isn't simply walking up to someone and saying "Give me your number". Of course that's rarely going to work! First you need to learn what a cold approach is (I'll give you a hint - establishing a conversation and rapport). Then you need to figure out how to go about doing it. Then and only then will you start to see some results...

"I'm such a nice guy I'll let you write your number down"... please. :rolleyes:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Now we're getting somewhere. This isn't so much about cold-approaches not working as it is about poorly executed C+F backfiring.

Funkopotamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ketostix
Now we're getting somewhere. This isn't so much about cold-approaches not working as it is about poorly executed C+F backfiring.
Backfire my Ass!

These two walked up to ladies dripping wet gasoline and asked to borrow a lit match!

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaches do not work; when you dont know how to work a cold approach.

Dont fixate on comparing one persons numbers to yours (or your friends). I dont cold approach frequently. There are two situations where I will though. The first is if I sense a strong indicator of interest. The second is if I am in a social setting with backup around. So my percent of closes is pretty high given that my attempts are much lower than 20-25 in a day.

My only "true" cold approaches in the past year or so have been in situations were I would have enough time to make her almost need to give out her number by the end of the convo. Clubs, coffeeshops, train stations, classrooms and the like. Just be confident, use the situation or setting, listen a little (or at least pretend too), and dont try to close using a line.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bad attitudes don't work

Bad attitudes don't work with ANY style or approach. Your friends got 2 numbers. That is two more than they likely would've gotten sitting on their bums eating saturated fat laden chips!

I'd say the percentages were low, but still aquiring two numbers in one day isn't as bad as staying at home getting none. With cold approaches, like anything, you get better with experience. The more times you try per day, the faster you learn success.

I do good with a "half cold apprach". I simply set somewhere that puts women in contact with me. A good example is a swing at a crowded park. You know some kid will drag mom over there within 15 minutes. Boom there way. Make some comment, then another, then a third. She will start responding. You are now in good position to try touching her hand or getting digits without seeming like a freak.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
this isn't as much as an example of how cold approaches don't work, but of how even your "good looking" friends have nothing on you...as in, practice and you'll be getting a lot more numbers then them

either way though, you didn't provide enough information for anyone to give a solid explanation of anything. you're friends could be "good looking" yet very insecure ...like a lot of us here once were

besides, keep practicing and you'll realize you don't even need numbers to get some action

another thing, once you get better, girls will let you know when to approach (nonverbally), so you'll be able to get very close to 25/25...though i doubt you'll even get that many opportunities in one week.

btw, cold approaches do work. :woo:

keep trying, you'll get there.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
Man I wonder what these good looking friends of yours said, because even average looking guys can get more #s then that.
You forgot to add that those average guys know how to gain a woman's interest without a lot of childish BS and game spitting.

HereToImprove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets say they did 25 approaches and got 2 numbers.

Then, lets say they do this routine one day a week for a year. That is 104 numbers.

Lets say, conservatively, that 25% of these numbers lead to a future meeting. That is still 26 dates, which is enough to get pretty much whatever you are looking for, whether it be sex, a relationship, or anything else.

If you get 104 numbers and choke all of them, you really are doing something wrong. It really is a numbers game. I just ran very pessimistic numbers that even a hard core AFC with some drive could put together, and it leads to volume that almost will not let you fail.

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait it doesn't work? Sh1t what the hell have I been doing. I better just go play halo and masturbate all day.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup::woo: