Cold Approach # close field report

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm leaving class today and see a very cute girl I haven't seen before waiting at the busstop I am going to. She is an 8. I notice she is using a camelback backpack so I use that to open her.
"Are you using a camelback to carry your books?"

"yes"

"Isn't that a little out of place?"

"Yes but I got it while I was abroad and it was a good size so I decided to use it this semester"

"I just got back from abroad too, I was in Australia where did you go?"

She went to Costa Rica and we started exchanging stories about study abroad and traveling. I find out she got scuba certified abroad and I have been a life long diver so I tell her a story about the whale I saw diving in western Australia. She seemed interested the whole time and asked me questions about it. The bus is about to come to my stop which is one of the first so I mention quickly that I did a shark dive in Fiji and that I still have the flyer and stuff. I'm less than a minute from my stop so I go for the close.

"I'd tell you the story but it's kind of long and I'm about to get off so how about you give me your number and we can get some coffee sometime and I'll tell you about it."

She gives me her number.

"Your name was Mark right?"

"Yes and you were rebecca."

In retrospect I think I did pretty solid, I didn't go into all the detail but she was very engaged the whole time. She asked me my name first and later confirmed it before I left. Thinking later, I should have called her out on the fact that she was going to facebook stalk me immediately and that was why she confirmed my name. I could have added some more teasing but I think I did well. I think I'll call her on sunday when everyone is in the library to get coffee in the afternoon and I'll just slip the shark dive flyer in my bag in the morning to show it off. Opinions?

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dang I want to try scuba diving! Is it really hard or is it like riding a bike once you learn how to do it it's easy? Dude Kudos to you brother I wanna try that someday! Plus I am going to lie and steal your story lol (I'm in the clear since our ocean is dirty with sand and you actually have to leave the state to scuba so lol) Good job brother!

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice storytelling...do you attend university?

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Dang I want to try scuba diving! Is it really hard or is it like riding a bike once you learn how to do it it's easy? Dude Kudos to you brother I wanna try that someday! Plus I am going to lie and steal your story lol (I'm in the clear since our ocean is dirty with sand and you actually have to leave the state to scuba so lol) Good job brother!
lol true where are you from in texas?

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Dude if you want to scuba dive just sign up for a course. Check out www.padi.com and you can search for a nearby dive shop. Diving is not like riding a bike at all, there are some inherent dangers but if you follow the guidelines you will be perfectly safe. Just make sure you get certifies before you go diving or else you could get into decompression sickness or serious nitrogen narcosis and not even know about it. Diving is awesome I love doing it every chance I get and it is also something that can set you apart and make you unique.

To the other guy who asked yes I am at an American university. My university has three campuses and the undergrads are spread out on all three so we have a bus service to get around.