Coconut Oil

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ordered 2 gallons of this last night after failing to find ANY form of it in two grocery stores:
http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm

Any of you really taken it? I don't even plan to cook with it (maybe a tiny bit if i'm cooking eggs for nonstick purposes), but take it straight up, especially when I bump up my calories into more of a bulk mode. I already drink tablespoons of olive oil and fish/cod liver oil straight.

Any digestion worries or anything?

sunlight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't taken it myself... yet... I have been suppoused to buy VCO for sometime now.

It's the best to start slowly building up how much you take. Start with 1 tablespoon and increase it higher. Heard someones talking about 3,5 tablespoon to get good effect out of it. Btw notice that VCO got less calories than the more common oils/fats.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty better options for extra calories than coconut oil. I'd just throw more eggs in there personally. Why did you want coconut oil specifically?

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken it on and off, never regularly. Still got 3lbs of the stuff left though, so I'm gonna shoot for 3 tbsp a day until it's gone. Taste is ok, it melts in your mouth, it's just a pity I don't like the taste of coconut :crazy:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
There are plenty better options for extra calories than coconut oil. I'd just throw more eggs in there personally. Why did you want coconut oil specifically?

Variety.

Any health benefits other oils don't provide. I like to buy in bulk. Nuts are expensive. More olive oil tastes like ass. I don't want to eat more eggs all the time if i'm not drinking them, which I only do if i'm mixing it with whey and i don't want whey all the time. I already have 20g+ of fish oil a day.

Shrug, i don't mind CEE one bit but olive oil is disgusting. 1-3 tbl of that a day is enough. What's nice about some good tasting oils too is that you can throw them in a shake for the road.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I discovered today that CEE mixed with some ALCAR and Vit C tastes quite nice.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I'm feeling particularly badass I'll chug some extra virgin olive oil. The first week of doing this I'd drink it and then spas, cough and gag from the after-taste. If you can get used to it it's very benefical.