Clubs: How to control alcohol to keep state...

ParisParis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this are appreciated...

I'll go out to a club sober, in a great state. Sometimes I drink a swallow of olive oil beforehand in anticipation of the ****tails. I'll go into the club, open all the girls I don't know, talk to a few people I know, go to the bar and order a vodka tonic and then drink steadily after that while I switch from the dancefloor to the bar to the places where people stand where I talk to random groups of girls alone and girls with guys.

I seem to manage to have all the girls in the place laughing and enjoying my company. In short, I'm in great state. But the problem is that I don't stay in state too long. After the first ****tail, I either drink too slow or too fast. I am good for an hour or two before I start to either feel to tired and sober, or too drunk and sloppy. Either don't work for picking up HBs. When I think back on all the women I've taken home, they were usually girls I met when in a mostly-sober but still a tad drunk, therefore a little funny-extroverted state. How does one prolonge that? Thanks!:cool:

dav22

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an obvious answer but spend less time with a drink in your hand. You'll consume less alcohol and you'll probably look more comfortable/confident than all the guys with drinks up to their shoulders.

Or try the have a drink, get a glass of water, get another drink thing.. keeps you hydrated :D

ligyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this a joke? How could you NOT know how to solve this problem?

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't really see a problem here I agree with dav22 could use that water "trick"
or just follow the alcohol rule which is 1 drink per hour and you shouldn't get drunk, not get tired and sober at least that works for me.
Just take it slow man, don't even see anything wrong if you don't drink at all, or just drink one and that's it.

ParisParis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far...

@ Ligyron,...

maybe it's a joke for you because you are so naturally charming on a two drink evening, but there are some people who feel slow-witted and all-too-serious without drinking and tend to get too drunk to fast when they start, wanting to stay the life of the party. When you see Don Juan in the movies, he is never drunk, but is slow and serious in his gestures, almost calculating. Yet isn't part of the idea of being at a club not to be the serious intellectual in a chair talking about Aristotle, but to be the life of the party who is dancing and cracking jokes? Of course one shouldn't be a clown. I was just hoping there was a real DJ who had great advice on staying in state at a club where champagne and vodka flow like the river Thames.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink less. Dumbass.

Yay, for having a high tolerance level. I guess if you drink a lot, it wont be so bad. Just learn to control it though, seriously.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your relying on a substance to pick-up girls, uppers work the best. :wave:

Cocaine, E, Meth :yes:

Really though, After getting drunk billions of times before talking to girls, I find being sober is way better.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Drink less. Dumbass.

Yay, for having a high tolerance level. I guess if you drink a lot, it wont be so bad. Just learn to control it though, seriously.
Or not drink at all, at least not alcohol.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well one thing is I think if you're drinking Vodka even with tonic it's going to be harder to regulate your intoxication than if you were drinking beers.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ParisParis said:
Yet isn't part of the idea of being at a club not to be the serious intellectual in a chair talking about Aristotle...
I actually successfully gamed a chick yesterday by sitting with her and talking about Aristotle, among other things.

Really though, the solution is simple:

Not drunk enough = Drink one more drink. Give it 10 minutes.

Still not drunk enough = Drink one more drink. Give it another 10.

Too drunk = You didn't follow the above advice.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is drinking really necessary when clubbing?

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it is.. being there sober with a bunch drunks knocking into you, spilling drinks, mean mugging, etc :box: .. Bothers me a lot less if I have a buzz too. But there is a fine line, on the other side of which is dumb conversation, stumbling, or just feeling so blasted you can't think of a single thing to say.

I prefer to catch a buzz, get drunk and have fun with friends, but keeping it to about 6-8 light beers when out... And recently I've only gone out drinking a couple nights a month. If prospects aren't looking good at the end of the night then I might pound a few more, but I like to give off the appearance of being relatively sober, while enjoying a buzz and having fun, when opening girls in bar or club.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My strategy is to down a couple shots before going out. By the time you're there and going, there is a small buzz, and then I'd throw down a couple beers. I slow down after that; I'd say the peak of drunkenness is probably near the beginning of the night, which is probably a good thing.

At bars it's customary to have a drink in your hand so just nurse a beer. It helps on the bank account as well.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
For me it is.. being there sober with a bunch drunks knocking into you, spilling drinks, mean mugging, etc :box: .. Bothers me a lot less if I have a buzz too. But there is a fine line, on the other side of which is dumb conversation, stumbling, or just feeling so blasted you can't think of a single thing to say.
I understand where you're coming from but consider this; you're chatting up a woman you've just met and some loud obnoxious guy next to you interrupts your flow by arguing with the bartender about whether or not he paid for his 4th Long Island with a $10 bill or a $20. What do you do?
  1. Give the guy the stare of a thousand daggers?
  2. Try to kick his barstool out from under him and blame it on some other random drunk guy passing by?
  3. You whisper to the chick you're chatting, "Hey, I really want to hear what you're saying; let's go somewhere more quiet."
Keep in mind, every challenging situation is a potential opportunity in disguise; if you're sober enough to recognize it. ;)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is drinking really necessary when clubbing?
:yes: :yes:

In fact, many of the best women find it a big turn-on when a fellow is not drunk.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
:yes: :yes:

In fact, many of the best women find it a big turn-on when a fellow is not drunk.
And I thought that I was the only one who has experienced this.