Clubbing: Dancing Questions

UnluckyGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have read a little into clubs but one question I had is which kind of dancing is really done there? Is is usually grinding for the most part or is it more like something else?

So far I've learned to look for eye contact and after a few glances from her you go over and if your arent rejected you go from there. I really need to learn how to dance so when I go to the club I wont look stupid standing there the whole night looking like a afc. One last thing is it recommended that you start dancing by yourself or with a someone?

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing does help, but its all about practice practice practice when it comes to dancing because there is no one (at least no one i know) that will teach you how to grind. Just watch the other guys do it if you really need to, learn like that. I had a crash course and had an amazing time, was scared first but it all turned out fine. Good luck man, and about the approach thing, you can wait for eye contact, or you can go open to her with a neutral opener

Monkey D. Luffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rocko said:
you can wait for eye contact, or you can go open to her with a neutral opener
example of opener please?

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40790

Style uses one in the second part. An opinion opener and a time constraint "Hey, I can only stay a bit, but i was wondering if you could give me a woman's opinion on something?" they say "yes" you say "well, my friend over there (your wing) did X and his girlfriend wants him to do Y, what do you think about Z?"

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just move your arms with the music, step your feet side to side, and rock ur body. You don't have to dance like Eddy Gordo from Tekken, just as long as you're doing something like that, you're dancing! I suggest you go to a club next time and just observe for a while, what are the guys with girls dancing like?

It doesn't matter if you go to dance alone, as long as you aren't trying to impress anyone and just having a good time with a smile on your face you will be fine. Dancing is like anything else, you're gonna suck at first but you have to actually start sometime if you wanna get better.

Ideally you wanna bring a girl to the floor to dance with you, but don't worry just have fun, get in the groove and work those feet.

BOWIE

Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who can dance, my best advice to you is to look for the 'cool guy' and watch how he dances. The style at every club you go to will be a little defferent depending on the music so, for now, just mimic the best dancers.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

You cant just mimic a good dancer. Thats like trying to mimic an athlete. The best way to get good at dancing is practice. Learn multiple styles. Like myself I do popping, locking, hiphop, etc etc. Ive gotten good to a point where if i go to a club and start dancing women will stop, stare and then come up and talk to me. Sometimes it gets annoying because there are times when you want to go out and just chill and some chick runs up to you like "OMG this guy can dance, show us some moves" and Im like no Im tired today and just want to chill.