Clothes for the budding young professional

dtrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I'm turning 21 in a couple months and my wardrobe is left over from high school. I'm at a university now and I'll have internship and job interviews coming my way in the near future. What some clothing lines or stores you suggest for conveying a serious working attitude but not too serious. Something young, energetic, ready to work. I have a pale complexion with dark longish hair and I'm 5'8". I know I'll have to go out and try on some styles but what do you suggest?

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Well, depending on where you're applying, I'd go with slacks and a polo or slacks and a shirt and tie (think POWER TIE!!!) And just like with women, confidence is key in job interviews too. Even if you have no experience, tenaciousness makes up for a lot.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dtrg said:
Hey I'm turning 21 in a couple months and my wardrobe is left over from high school. I'm at a university now and I'll have internship and job interviews coming my way in the near future. What some clothing lines or stores you suggest for conveying a serious working attitude but not too serious. Something young, energetic, ready to work. I have a pale complexion with dark longish hair and I'm 5'8". I know I'll have to go out and try on some styles but what do you suggest?

Goto Express for Men, H&M, and Nordstrom Rack.

Express has the best slacks I've ever worn. Expect $100 per pair, but it is very worth it.

H&M makes a lot of nice shirts and pants at good prices. Though they're still expanding, so they may or may not be in your area.

Nordstrom rack is kinda like a treasure hunt.

2 pants, 5 shirts, 10 outfits.